“A nice, convenient place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Kudar Motel & Cabins
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Salt Lake City, UT
“A nice, convenient place to stay.”
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed in one of their cabins and found it to be everything we needed. We were pleased to find both a fridge and a microwave in the room. The motel isn't new but is well kept up. Our only complaint is something beyond the control of the motel. They are located next door to a public parking lot. The city cleans that lot each morning at about 7 AM with a very loud machine. If you plan on sleeping later than that, ask for a cabin that is away from that lot.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saxeygirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ohio
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I love Kudars! not fancy, but guess what...we only sleep there. We go to Jackson for the beauty of the area and town. Spend little time in the room. This time we stayed in the attached rooms to the office. worked great for us, king size bed, fridge and microwave. Clean bedding and towels each day. $85/night, can't beat it in Jackson. $169.00 across the street! I can buy a lot of shampoo and breakfasts with that! We enjoyed our stay. Parking lot was full each night with really nice vehicles. and the no vacancy sign was on 3 of 5 nights we were there. With the savings in hotel bills, I bought a couple of really nice jewelry pieces in town. Thanks Kudars

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msesroh
Montana
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I also recently stayed in cabin #16. After reading previous reviews, I was surprised to read "So much potential's" review. That person wrote just about verbatim what I was
going to write. So many things were wrong with the room that I made a list before I left. In addition to what "So much potential" wrote, the paneled walls that also probably date back to the 50's or 60's were void of even ONE picture! Of all the beautiful scenery in the area, I would have thought that at least one Teton-related picture would have had a place on a wall. Also, with the obvious electrical outlet danger and also the fact that there was no chain lock on the door, I did not feel safe in the room. I woke up shortly after falling asleep to a noise that sounded like someone trying to enter my cabin. I did not sleep well that night. At $100/night I expected to at least have a room with a phone in it. Curiously enough, there was a phone book!

2 Thank BobJoeMT

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

New York, NY
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We also stayed in #16, and were a little put off by several things at the Kudar. The cabin we received was actually not a single but a double, connected to another room. I would recommend requesting a single when booking, as we were awoken two mornings out of three by the residents next door, who were not being particularly loud. We could hear EVERY WORD of their conversations, as well as the programs playing on their TV. There was also a peculiar smell in the cabin, as if they sprayed air freshener to mask another, more suspect, smell. Yes, it was definitely dusty, very rustic, and had dangerous looking outlets.
On the bright side, it was in a GREAT location (try "The Merry Piglets" a Mexican cantina just a block away!), we had a lovely picnic on the lawn, and the rate was reasonable. I might stay again, if I could choose the cabin.

1 Thank Amanda M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2009

The only thing the Kudar Motel has is potential. It is in an outstanding location just 2 blocks from the town square and the grounds are a shady quiet sanctuary tucked away from the street. The good things end there. We stayed in cabin #16. Upon entry, I noticed no light fixture on a single light bulb over a sink that is circa 1950. The bathroom was small, dirty and there was no shampoo. The room didn't look like it had been dusted in weeks and there was a hole in one of the bedspreads. We actually got a laugh out of a sign that was on the door saying "Wake-up calls available upon request," because there was no phone in the room. Not sure how that would work. Finally, the air conditioner, and the sconces over the beds were plugged into a 3-way splitter into an antiquated electrical outlet. Not a very safe arrangement in an outlet that is likely barely meeting code.

The other good thing was that we only paid $100 in a very expensive town. In any other place that cabin wouldn't have gotten $50. My advice to the Kudar's is to spend some money renovating their cabins, and charge 20 or 30 bucks more. They would still be on the low end of price in Jackson and would have a gem in a top-notch location.

1 Thank OpinionatedTourist
LA
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My family has been coming to Jackson, Wy since 1965 and I have always wanted to stay "in town" to get the town feel; we always stay out in the Park-Grand Teton Nat Park...my sister stayed with Kudar years ago during an emergency and they treated her well. We managed to get a friday and saturday night with only a week or two notice and had a wonderful time staying in an old log cabin, complete with shower, microwave and refrigerator. What more could you want? The setting is park-like, with large trees to shade you, and picnic tables, and very laid back. Yes the interior is a bit old, but it's not the Hilton, it's a cabin in jackson, so enjoy it! I will definitely come back and stay, many times, and we are already making plans for the next trip to GTNP and kudars!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dragn
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 26, 2009

In short, they should paint the rooms, change the colors, change the carpets and this would be a prime location.

Bed is confortable, car is right in front ur room.
It's basic, doesn't smell very nice, front desk is friendly, the summary is that it costs 85$, it's maybe worth 50$ but the location is brilliant, everything is within minutes and its small.

They would benefit from a refurbishment although we could stay there again

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple