“close to city centre”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Kudar Motel & Cabins
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Essex
“close to city centre”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a great little hotel. The personal was real friendly. It was a 5 minute walk to city centre. the price was great for the location. Plus I really enjoy staying at a ma & pa hotel over a chain hotel

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeff b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After a solid drive, we sought out a cheap motel for a couple of nights accommodation. The Kudar Motel fitted the bill nicely. It didn't look too nice from the outside, but inside was a different story. The room was comfortable and had a fridge, microwave and TV as well as heating and cooling units. Whilst out rafting on the second day, the room was cleaned and refreshed, which we didn't expect.
In all, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allan C
Fort McMurray, AB
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this motel and got one of those log cabins with a king bed, besides the bed being a little too firm and the fridge a bit noisy, this place was really nice, conveniently located at walking distance from restaurants and bars. 89$ is what we paid for the cabin, unfortunately they didn't have any sort of discount available at this time.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank iLikeRedBull
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Nothing fancy here. The cabin was clean and we were comfortable. We parked our car in front of the cabin which I love. We slept well and the temperature was ok. We walked to dinner. The service was good. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carlinda6665
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The place is old, but it's in a good location downtown. I like that. The buses are free and there's a stop right next door. They have a good monthly rate here so if you want to save some money it's ideal. They also rent snowmobiles.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Mackritters
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 9, 2013

After reading plenty of positive reviews, I thought this would be a good place to stay. We reserved a cabin for 4 nights. The day of our first night stay we were sightseeing in Yellowstone, and in the afternoon hours it was clear that we were going to get to the cabin late, but because of no cell phone service, we we're able to contact the Kudar to tell them about our late(er) arrival. We arrived at 7:30ish and the man at the front desk was clearly angry that he hadn't heard from us, and nearly gave our room away. I'm not sure where the "friendly staff" comments come from, but this guy was annoyed and not very pleasant. Be advised, you can't book a room with a credit card, so if you arrive late, they will give your room to someone else.

Upon entering the cabin the first thing I noticed was the hot temp - the air conditioning unit was not on, despite the 90+ degree temps that day. The refrigerator was unplugged and took hours to get cold. There was about a 2 foot long spider web in the corner of the room on the wall and plenty of gnats caught up in the web. The bathroom floor was very dirty as we spilled some water and wiped it up with a white towel that turned black after wiping up the water. The shower was tiny, your elbows constantly hit the shower walls. The furniture was dated, the carpet stained, but the bed did appear to be clean. No WiFi (at least that we could get working) despite that being a feature they offered.

On the outside of the cabin, there were swarms of mosquitos - so many that we had to open the car door quickly as to not let too many in. Squirrels or chipmunks were all over the grounds and I saw many of them burrowing underneath the cabin's foundation. I thought for sure we'd wake up with one of them in bed with us. Other than that, the cabin was pretty quiet and it was nice to park the car right next to it.

Oh, yeah, one more thing - the cabin floor was not level - it was slanting downward from one side to the other, so every morning when I got up, I lost my balance and nearly feel into the bathroom because of the slanted floor. Just an FWI.

There were a few positives about the Kudar. First was price - I had no idea Jackson was so pricey - I don't think we found a single place under $200 a night (and believe me after one night at the Kudar, we checked). The location is great as its within walking distance to the town square, very close to the Tetons, and close enough to Yellowstone.

I wouldn't stay here again even if they paid me. No thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Blaire P

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Alamosa, Colorado
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I arrived in Jackson, WY without a reservation and didn't want to spend a fortune. I realize this was not the best plan, but I'd covered more miles than expected. As I drove through town, there were, of course, many choices for me - and most of them looked WAY over my budget. The town was very busy. As I turned the corner, there sat the Kudar Motel, surrounded by trees and looking very quaint. With little hope, I approached the Office where the nice older gentleman looked carefully at his records and said he'd just had a cancellation. Wow! I needed it, and "it" turned out to be one of his smaller cabins (#10), the perfect size for one. The motel with cabins was filling up, so I was very fortunate. It had one large bed, a small bath, microwave, fridge, and an extra cot tucked in the corner. Also they had a blanket on the shelf which I put on the bed that night, for it was already getting cold. The night gentleman and I talked about the Parks (Teton and Yellowstone), and he was very nice. He reminded me they had morning coffee and told me the Visitor's Center was just down the street and would still be open. I walked there immediately. The next morning I wanted to leave early and went to the office for the promised coffee. The morning gentleman was not even close to friendly - I asked him to please mail postcards for me. He pointed at the box. As I told him the cabin had been very nice, and they had a nice place, he mumbled and didn't even look up from his work. I was ready to leave and did so - this motel is near the edge of town and though there was construction, I was outside town within minutes. It had been cool overnight and the fog over the pond behind the Visitor's Center made for a neat morning photo, which will give me nice memories of my stay in Jackson. This motel cost me slightly more than $100, but for the area, I was glad to find it. On another trip, if I choose to stay in Jackson (not likely), I'd call for a reservation and stay there again. There was food available nearby, as well.

Room Tip: I got a cabin and preferred that.