We had a fabulous stay in the camping lodge and totally exceeded our expectations. We were a family of five and it is not easy finding sleeping arrangements that work for everyone. We were a little skeptical staying at a KOA campground, but It was really really nice. In the lodge we stayed in, we had our own queen bed (and yes it was in a separate room), a room with a bunk bed that also was a queen bed, and a comfortable fold out leather couch. So everyone had a bed. The bathroom was very nice with granite tops both there and in the kitchen. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed to cook and eat. There was a good size fridge (much bigger than your normal hotel fridge), stove top burners, microwave, plus a gas bbq outside that my husband loved. We also had a flat screen TV and we were able to plug my son's Ipod to and watch movies we had downloaded.
The best part was that we felt like we were still camping. We ate outside every night on the patio that overlooked a creek. We had campfires every night with smores and played card games. Snake River Park is also located right on the Snake River, so it was absolutely beautiful down there. My son and husband even caught a few fish. There are also river trips that leave right from Snake River Park. We did a whitewater trip that I think our family will talk about forever. My daughter and I went on a breathe taking horseback ride that was just across the street while the boys went fishing. We got a 10% discount on the rafting and horseback for staying at Snake River Park too.
We were also only about 10 minutes from town, 20 minutes from Grand Teton National Park and we were also able to spend a day in Yellowstone. The staff was very friendly during our four days, even helping us with a flat tire. Overall, I am happy to say this was one of our best family vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Snake River Park KOA, Whitewater and Cabin Village in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Jackson Hole area is an outdoor lover’s paradise, and Snake River Park offers you an unprecedented opportunity to base-camp in the middle of world famous national parks, rivers, lakes, and forests. Located on the banks of the Snake River, you are minutes from inspiring hikes through Grand Teton National Forest or the wildlife viewing of Yellowstone. And it’s mere minutes to horseback riding and the natural hot springs of the Gros Ventre Wilderness — not to mention exciting and beautiful rafting trips down the Snake River. Whether you need one of our Lodges with a full bathroom and kitchen, a "Kamping Kabin" overlooking the Snake River, a tent site on Horse Creek, or RV site, we are thrilled to accommodate you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Snake River Park KOA and Cabin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snake River Park Koa And Cabin Village Hotel Jackson
- Snake River Park KOA And Cabin Village Jackson Hole, WY