“Pretty good for a family”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Idaho
“Pretty good for a family”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here with our 3 mostly grown children for 1 night. Nice little kitchenette, separate bedroom with 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper in the living room area. Fireplace that we never used as it was so warm we had to open the windows, probably because we were on the 3rd floor. Staff was nice, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The fitness room consisted of 1 treadmill and a few weight balls. The breakfast was better than average with a good variety. Our only complaint, and it's pretty small, is that the bathroom door was a pocket door and on the first use the whole latching mechanism fell out. So it was awkward and felt like no privacy. My hubby said it was the only time he's been on the pot and could see the whole family through the fairly large crack in the door because it wouldn't shut tight. We let them know when we left and it's probably fixed by now. Covered parking was too tight for our big pick-up truck, but fine for small cars to keep out of the snow. The Christmas decorations were still up around town and it looked beautiful at night. It's hard to find a hotel that will sleep 5 comfortably, we usually have to get 2 rooms when we travel with the kids, but for only 1 night we wanted to spend time together. I liked this hotel, would have given it a 4 1/2 but hubby wanted me to give it a 3, so I compromised with a 4.

Room Tip: There is an elevator so don't be afraid to stay on the upper floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Joe M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the holidays. We apprecite the good review and wanted to let you know that we immediatly fixed the lock on the pocket door. Thanks for brining that to our attention upon check out. Have a healthy and prosperous new year.

Joe Madera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, close to restaurants and a 20-minute drive from the Jackson Hole ski area. The rooms are adequate and beds are excellent. The hot tub and pool are well cared for.

Breakfast is not up to the standard of other Homewood Suites I have stayed at. In addition, as mentioned by other reviewers, some of the hotel staff are not very helpful when asked for a restaurant recommendation or some fishing information.

The parking area has both covered and open parking spaces, but try and get a covered spot so you don't have to clean car windows in the morning.

Room Tip: Get a room with an even number..they face the parking area and are reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us and appreciate the feedback. I will review your comments with our staff about restaurant recomendations. They should certainly be more in tune with local happenings. However regarding fishing....there are no outfitters during the winter months. Typically the fishing guides are either snowmobile guides or ski patrolers in the winter.

Mebane, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

From the moment you arrive until you leave this Homewood Suites they make you feel at home and as if you are a special guest to boot! Have stayed at other places in Jackson, but will return here again and again. Their customer service and cordiality reminds me of the hospitality we used to expect to receive at most Hilton properties!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for a great review of your stay. We appreciate the great acknowledgement of our staff and do indeed look forward to your next visit. Have a healthy and prosperous new year.

Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stay in town every Thanksgiving for the convenience to town. Best place to stay in Jackson. The suites are perfect for a cozy evening in front of the fireplace. Having a kitchen is so convenient. The staff is always available for whatever you might need 24/7.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Joe M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. We're delighted that you had a great visit and hope to see you back soon.

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was here for a business trip and wished I could have stayed longer. The room was great, very roomy and had a full kitchen. Had I traveled with my family, this would have been very convenient.
The front desk was extremely friendly and welcoming and helpful for any questions we had. When it is cold, the location might have made it tough to walk to any restaurants and if you had a large vehicle, the parking may have been prohibitve (I'm not sure if you could park on the street or not).
I had some difficulty with temperature control as I was roasting for much of my stay. I had to open the window during a snow storm so again I'm not sure if I just had a weird unit or what. I was not there long enough to change rooms or bring up the issue with the front desk however.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing a great review of your recent business trip to Jackson. I'm glad you found our hotel very comfortable and convenient. We do get quite a bit of families staying with and they do enjoy the amenities that you experience. Our staff is always eager to share our local knowledge and point visitors in the right direction. Hope to have to back again soon.

Uintah, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Kitchen was nice. Fitness center is just a treadmill. Rooms were nice - fireplace was a treat! Covered parking was nice too! The views were good. The bed was firm which we liked. The place was quiet and very nice!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for a great review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel and very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back again soon.

raleigh, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a simply wonderful stay at the Homewood Suites in Jackson this past week. Courteous and attentive staff, clean and orderly room and lobby, simply outstanding! We will certainly use this location again on our next trip to that area. One of our better experiences with the Hilton family of hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Joe M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for providing us a great review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay was "wonderful". Hope to have you back.