“good food but...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snake River Brewing

Snake River Brewing
Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: America's most award-winning small brewery since 1994 offering a wide array of lagers and ales with hand-crafted cuisine. Locals and tourists alike co-mingle in a friendly and casual environment.* Doors open at 11:00 am* $8 lunch specials until 3:00 pm* Afternoon brewery tours* Happy hours from 4:00 - 6:00 pm* Food served until 11:00 pm* Non-smoking & families welcome. Families and large groups welcome. Outdoor seating available in the summer time with a great view of our local hill, Snow King. We offer a Private Dining rooms for events or meetings and the bar is open late!
GA
“good food but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2008

Read the reviews here, good food & reasonable prices, & decided to try it.

My husband & I (in our 40's) & our 16 year son walk in. A sign on the front window procaimed "families welcome". To the right was a large area with quite a few young (20ish) people standing around drinking & talking. To the left, a few tables in front of the open kitchen. A family with young children were just finishing up & we decided to sit there. (noticed later a sign that pointed "over 21 to the right"& "under 21 to the left". Later we saw people with young families coming in & going right upstairs-didn't realize upstairs was an option).

Our waiter seemed just this side of tolerant of waiting on us. Nothing overt but not very welcoming. I had margerita pizza, husband had pulled pork sandwich & son spicy chicken sandwich. All was good. Came to about $40 with tip-a little pricy for me.

A large group of about of about 10 20ish people came in just as we got our food & boisterly took the tables to our left, dragging a table from our right over to their group (leaving the chairs scattered in the aisle). About 5 minutes later, 2 more young ladies came in & the group shouted "surprise!" & sang Happy Birthday. I probably sound like an old fart by this point but I was laughing as I was trying to eat while they were screaming around us.

While they say families welcome (& maybe they are upstairs), I felt a litlte uncomfortable by all the "I'm young & cool so look at me!" vibe.

1 Thank tamster34

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great food and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2008

great food and beer

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2008

Lively atmosphere & I'm told the beer is good. Food basic but OK - some good crunchy imaginative salads if you want a change from pizzas & burgers.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good for lunch and a cheap beer after work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2007

good for lunch and a cheap beer after work

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
California
“Smores”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2007

Eat the smores first, have some pizza, and drink a lot of really good beer.