“Cozy Cabin, Great Food, Prices”

Sweetwater Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We drove by and saw this adorable cabin while searching in town for a place to have dinner. It was a great find. We arrived a bit late for dinner, so it was not crowded. Jackson, overall, was less crowded then when we came in Jan. The host and server were very pleasant and went the extra mile to insure we enjoyed our meal. I ordered the blackened trout over salad. I requested extra spices and it was perfect. My daughter had a salad and a stuffed chicken with mashed sweet potatoes. The chicken was a breast stuffed with spinach, feta, mushrooms, etc. They make their own salad dressings and we tried three. My favorite was the poppy raspberry. Dinners come with soup or salad. For two of us, the cost was about $40 plus tip. There were also two interesting elk dishes on the menu. We'll be back.

1  Thank AventuraVisitor

Reviewed March 21, 2014

At 85 King St. you will find The True Heart of Jackson,WY! This may be the Oldest Cabin in town with an interior to match. The Old West at its Best. And the food will have you coming back for more as me and my party did two nights in a row. O, this is also a local favorite where the personality of Jackson will warm your heart too!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Last night I went to Sweetwater Restaurant with my wife for a special event. They partnered with Teton Brewing Company to offer sold-out 2nd annual Cajun & Beer dinner. After enjoying alligator and catfish appetizers, the first course was introduced by Celebrity Chef Trey Davis, then the paired beer was introduced by Max of the brewery. This continued for several hours, with interesting descriptions followed by good beer and inventive Cajun dishes. Is was fun people-watching / celebrity-viewing as well, with such Louisiana faces as Nelson Nolen among others making a presence. (He was as friendly and down to earth as could be)

What a great time!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was our first meal in Jackson and it was terrific. We were all very hungry when we arrived at the restaurant. Hummus plate, tuna and gyro were outstanding. The gyro was my favorite. The other couple we were with also loved their food. We sat outside. Very peaceful and relaxing atmosphere as we ate the first of many great meals in Jackson.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food at Sweetwater leaves much to be desired. The steak had too much butter on it, overwhelming the natural flavor of the food - which is actually rather hard to accomplish. Many of the more exotic game foods also aren't all that good tasting.

On the positive side, service was OK and the cost was more reasonable than many places in town. Ambiance was neutral.