First off, let's be clear. The pictures posted for rooms in the Grand View Lodge (such as on Hotels.com) are likely only for the Deluxe accommodations. If you are not paying for the Deluxe (that is, if your room cost less than $500 a night), your rooms will not look like the pictures.
While that is the case, all is not lost. The Grand View Lodge (or, more accurately, the Snow King Resort condos) does offer very roomy and well equipped condos, and their location right in Jackson Hole is very convenient to the local sights and downtown (do note, however, that Jackson is at least 50 miles away from the south entrance into Yellowstone and more than 80 to any of the major Yellowstone attractions...if you are planning to travel into Yellowstone from the Grand View, you'll need to factor that distance into your travels). Our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 teenage daughters) rented a two-bedroom condo, which included two full bathrooms, laundry and a kitchen, that was more than enough room for our family of five and luggage. Space was certainly not an issue as our condo had two floors and several beds, including a queen size bed in one room, a pull down bed in the "living room" area of the first floor, a double bed in the upstairs bedroom and a pull out couch in the living area upstairs. The rooms do not offer air conditioning but, to be honest, Jackson, WY in the summer time does not really require air conditioning (our condo had a few fans), but include a washer and dryer and a small cooking area with fridge, stove and microwave. Wi-fi is included, which worked pretty well for our purposes. The condos themselves are a bit dated and resemble older apartments rather than modern condos.
Our condo had some issues, specifically, one of the bathroom ceiling fans was broken, a towel rack was broken and the unit was not as clean as it should have been. Parking is somewhat of an issue as the parking lot only has several parking areas adjacent to the condos, with overflow parking located elsewhere on the property. We arrived at night and had a heck of a time finding our way from the check-in site at the hotel to the condo area, even with the provided map.
Nevertheless, given the price we paid (average $195 a night), location and size, the Grand View Lodge was a good bargain. If we return to the Jackson area, our family would certainly consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacationing in paradise couldn't be any easier with Grand View Lodge, Jackson Hole's premier luxury condominiums and private residences. Grand View Lodge is located in the town of Jackson just blocks from the historic town square and slope-side to Snow King Mountain Resort. Whether it's time to visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, float the Snake River or catch that perfect cowboy powder Jackson is known for, Grand View Lodge provide the ideal location for your adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Love Ridge Hotel Jackson Hole
- Grand View Lodge Jackson Hole, WY