“Awesome & fun.”

Black Dog Raft Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Black Dog Raft Company is a scenic raft company located in Jackson, Wyoming. We do three trips daily- 8am, noon, and 4pm.
Imperial, Pennsylvania
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Awesome & fun.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife were treated to one of the best experiences we have ever had by Jeff & Mandie. We were the only customers for the 8AM trip, which we think is the best time, because you get the sunrise We booked only the night before, and Mandie was so accommodating at 9PM to make all the arrangements. We were picked up at 7:15AM at our motel, which was great, because we did not have to drive. Mandie & Jeff are easy people, great conversation on way to Snake River. Jeff is very professional & knowledgeable, explained all safety factors before we started. Saw lots of wildlife. The most amazing were the Bald Eagles( 15 or so ). Jeff knew everything about everything, this made the trip very educational, and lots of fun. The trip down the river was slow, no hurry, and ended all too soon. There are bigger companies to pick from, but Mandie & Jeff make this a personal experience. We were dropped back at our motel, a wonderful relaxing time. Highly recommend Mandie & Jeff.

Flowery Branch, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was told of Black Dog Raft Company from a friend after his family went on a float ride. My wife and I could not have had more fun. Mandie and Jeff were great. They picked us up on time outside our hotel and we were on our way. They both are very easy going and great to talk too. Jeff is very knowledgeable and you can tell he has a passion for what he does. We took the morning trip and saw a fair amount of wildlife, and also 7 or 8 bald eagles. Can't wait to come back and bring our kids for a trip down the Snake. You can not go wrong with Black Dog!

Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing end to our vacation!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was really worried about doing this, we have 3 boys aged 7, 10, 13 and I have to admit I am no thrill seeker. My husband had driven us some 2700 miles on our amazing road trip and it was the only thing he wanted to do, so I felt I owed him! From the outset it felt a very personal, it appears to be one of the smaller companies (there are a few) the Guide - Carson (hope I spelt it right) was FANTASTIC, he clearly knows his stuff and the river!! He started with safety and clearly explained the drill, what to do if you fell in etc. My boys listened intensely (!?!?!? amazing as I cannot get them to take their dirty cloths to the laundry pile). He told us all about the wildlife and make it super fun for them (and us to spot). He bonded with my boys (and the two other children) from the outset and kept them interested and engaged, we saw 19 Bald Eagles, 2 Osprey, 1 Moose, 1 Deer swimming in the river and countless other birds and a few Beaver Dams. We were on the raft for about 2.5 hours, we booked it last minute the night before on the internet (coupon code so save 10% too) got picked up and dropped at hotel and not many companies seem to do that, and were offered soft drinks and water. If you considering I would totally recommend this company and indeed Carson to anyone of any age thinking of doing a raft trip, we did the scenic float.

Sboro, MA
“Wonderful float ride on the Snake River”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When we booked our float with Mandie and Jeff we were looking forward (my family) with the whole float trip experience and were not only impressed but in awe with the trip. Jeff was our guide and he knows his business, he gave us a wonderful tour, not only did we see such beautiful scenery but Jeff pointed out different type of birds from Osprey to Eagles in their nests.
My children who are teenagers just loved the experience as well as myself, it was fun and relaxing all at the same time! I also loved how Mandie and Jeff picked us up at our hotel and brought us back.....no driving, no hassle, a wonderful time for everyone and highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
Creston, Iowa
“Great rafting for the whole Family!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Jeff and Mandie are the best!! We booked two rafts for our family of 14. The oldest was 72 and the youngest was 4. We were treated so personable-- Mandie and Jeff said the trip was "ours"; we could stop and eat our great deli lunch whenever we wanted and we could also go swimming. We saw bald eagles and their nest, geese and ducks among the river life. Our guides pointed out many details about the river and beautiful scenery as well as answered all of our questions. If you are looking for some family oriented fun, Black Dog Raft Company is the way to go!! Thanks for our memorable family trip!!!

Visited July 2013