“best mexican in the hole”
Review of Taqueria Sanchez

Taqueria Sanchez
Ranked #77 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 17, 2012

very authentic mexican food. my whole family loves it. we eat there regularly. Love the rice!! Nice outdoor seating in the summer. friendly staff.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent low-key restaurant. Don't judge by the inside appearance...this food is superb. There isn't much seating inside but the weather was so gorgeous that we enjoyed sitting outside on the patio anyway! Try the chorizo burrito (they will smother it in green chile if you ask) or the cheese enchilada plate. I'm sure everything is good but alas! we only had 2 stomachs.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went to Taqueria Sanchez just because it was located right across the street from our hotel. And wow....are we glad we did! The food is authentic Mexican & very very good. The staff is very friendly & accommodating. We went with three teens including one of them being a vegetarian & they were all more than satisfied with their food! They have a great selection including food for the gringo who doesn't like Mexican. If I'm ever back in Jackson Hole...I'm definitely eating here again!!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a small, out of the way, California-style taqueria. We stumbled upon it on our recent trip to Jackson Hole, and we're very happy we did. It's very small, very informal, very inexpensive -- and very good! I had a small taco salad for less than $5 that was excellent -- with guacamole, and real lettuce (not the nutrition-free iceberg lettuce a lot of restaurants serve). Liked it so much I ordered a second salad for take-out for that night's dinner.

Everyone in our party of four enjoyed their food -- we sat outside on an informal picnic table (there's not much room inside, and no real reason to eat inside anyway). The salsas and hot sauce are excellent. Highly recommend this place for a no-frills, quick Mexican lunch.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

On a quick road trip thru Colo, Wyoming and Montana, I pulled into Jackson around 5 PM and decided to walk around the town, watch the shoot out and maybe grab a bite to eat. Just a block off the square came upon this little Mexican place with some nice outside seating. It looked like a family operation and on the special blackboard list were carnitas tacos and lenguas tacos so I had mix of those, and was I happy with my choice. Here was flavor and taste that was fantastic, some of the best tacos I have ever had. And it was $8 for the three and I could barely finish them.

As I am a non cilantro person (check the website: I hate Cilantro) these tacos came loaded with it and I just picked it off.

They were so good I ordered some to go and that was my breakfast and lunch for the following day and of course I said: Hold the Cilantro and they did. I can honestly say it was the best lenguas tacos I have ever had.

So if looking for some great food in the high priced atmosphere of Jackson, be sure to give taqueria Sanchez a shot. The menu seemed quite large for the size of the operation and the wait staff was more than friendly and helpful. This was just a great budget meal and I enjoyed it more than if I had paid 4 or 5 times more the price as some high end place.