“Lively place, good food”

Merry Piglets Mexican Grill
Ranked #11 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We didn't have a reservation is put our names on the wait list. We nearly missed when our table was called as it was so noisy and although we were only at bar.

The margaritas were great and the bar staff fast and friendly.

The food was great. Two of us had chimichangas which were great and the enchiladas were good too.

A fun evening with good food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

There was a line up to get a table for this location so we sat at the bar instead to avoid the wait. The mexican food is definitely better then what I can get in Calgary, Alberta. Ordered the beef and shrimp fajita - US$22.99. I myself do not eat a lot in one sitting so I shared it with my cousin. The plate was large enough to serve two people. Note the comes with 5 flour tortilla.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Cute decor with painted pigs all over it! Cantina type atmosphere. The actual restaurant is narrow and shotgun in shape. The tables in front are close together and it was a little difficult to hear the conversation at our table of five due to the loud music piped in. Don't get me wrong, we liked the place in spite of it's tight quarters and loud music. Our food was very good! Our waitress was running from table to table and did a solid job as well. Just wished they would of turned down the music a notch. It was lunch time, not late night bar scene after all. We would go back, but would ask for a booth as to have a little more space at the table. Solid Mexican food overall :)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

During a recent visit to Jackson Hole my family and I, in a Mexican Food mood, went to the Merry Piglet Mexican Grill. We've eaten here in the past and had no unpleasant memories. But something has changed...while the food was plentiful, it was not enjoyable.

Maybe the cook was having a bad day, maybe the staff had their minds on the beautiful outdoors...but what they weren't thinking about was preparing delicious Mexican food.

I live in SLC, a city known for having some of the best Mexican restaurants north of the border...so perhaps that shades my perspective...but my meal of chicken Enceladus one with red chilly sauce the other with green tomatillo (house so called specialty) sauce were both bland and flavorless. The chips and salsa appetizer were also disappointing...the salsa seemed to be mere tomato sauce pored from a can.

My wife's was also disappointed with her meal...

Next time I'm in Jackson Hole...I'll just walk on by the Merry Pigglet...and suggest you do the same...

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Arrive early to avoid the wait. Always great food with various choices to please most. Prices were reasonable for the area.