“Fish tacos are indeed awesome; service good too!”

Merry Piglets Mexican Grill
Ranked #11 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I didn't read any of these reviews before coming here, but having been several times now I have to agree about the fish tacos. I order them a la carte since portions are generous. On other occasions ordered their special (pork burritos) which were ok but liked the fish tacos better. Service & atmosphere seemed very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Merry Piglets Mexican Grill

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Get the fish tacos!! I don't even like them usually!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Every year when we go rafting in Jackson we never take food for dinner because every night we eat at Merry Piglets. That's how good it is. I don't know what these other fools are talking about by saying no dibbs on the food. It's the best.

Reviewed July 9, 2008

After being seated we were greeted with chips and salsa thown on the table in which the chips basket had sour cream all over the bottom. When the waitress came to the table she practically asked us what did we want...and didn't even offer to clean up the slob of sour cream that was obviosuly in the middle of the table. I could see if this place was packed...but we were there for a late lunch/snack and the place was barely busy. The food was ok, nothing special and I just don't get all the pigs all over the place. It was kind of annoying.

2  Thank sharayx2
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I lived in Jackson for over 8 months and visited Merry Piglets numerous times. I keep thinking "this place has got to get better right?" WRONG! I was amazed at all the pigs on the walls when I first walked in. The murals on the walls had pigs dancing at the beach and having drinks. Not very festive for a MEXICAN resturant. Also, the food is OK but not great. In North Carolina where I'm from we have a restruant called Colimas that served EXCELLENT tex-mex. However, one reason for the success is because it's owned by Hispanics who know how to cook the food properly. I later learned the the person that owns Merry Piglets also owns sidewinders and then it all starting making sense. \I was always disappointed with Merry Piglets food and never recommeded it to tourists. Go to Sidewinders though... Great sportsbar and wonderful atmosphere. Also try Silver Dollar Grill in the Wort Hotel... Excellent Food!

1  Thank LAB460