“Buffet but never refill the food in the tray”

Hong Kong Restaurant & Buffet
Ranked #103 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Regretted never do research before going to this restaurant. Stingy on the buffet table..no refill for the empty tray...agree with majority of the review...never go to this restaurant....tipping was automatic add on to the bill??????..will never never never....come back to this place again...Trust me...the lousiest buffet I ever had .

1  Thank Hohweefang
There are newer reviews for Hong Kong Restaurant & Buffet

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I ordered a take out meal.(Oct. 26) When I picked up the food the staff was friendly but I would not eat there again.

1  Thank Bonnie H
Reviewed October 19, 2013

i love Chinese food i adore Chinese food..but this is the worse food i have ever eaten both normal cuisine and Chinese cuisine. this place was awefull i ordered take out and it was the worse the chicken was old and stringy. it felt as if i was eating string or someones hair. it was disgusting i had to throw away the food.

My advice do not eat their. they are the worse. i learnt my lesson..learn from my mistake...

1  Thank Tavric C
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I have especially loved Chinese food after having traveled to China and were looking forward to eathing at the Hong Kong Buttet. What a mistake!! The only thing they got right was the look of a hutong cafe in Chine. We told the abrupt lady that we would have the buffet and my wife started by putting some fried rice on her plate. She wondered if it was hot so she tasted it and said it was cold. She told the lady that she would like to see the menu so she could order something fresh. The lady seemed unhappy but got her a menu. The chowmein was passable. I went ahead with the buffet and I don't think the steam table was working since everything was cold. The food was tasteless. The only positive thing was the hot and sour soup. I am even madder when I see in the reviews that they rip you off be overcharging and adding the tip. I was so anxious to get out of there I just paid the amount on the bottom of the check without looking at the details. My bad! This place should be shut down to do us all a favor. The good reviews had to be written by the owners and their family.

2  Thank LoganBob
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ordered to be delivered but wouldn't take a card so we picked up. Incomplete order, bad condiment options, food over-cooked, not fresh tasting, got stuff we didn't order and I don't even know HOW you do that to shrimp. Half of the meal was not enjoyable to eat.

1  Thank Jamie G