“Hidden Gem ”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Driggs, Idaho
“Hidden Gem ”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here for lunch with my fiance and WOW I was surprised at how good it was. Upon entering the restaurant, I was a little unsure judging by the well worn decor, but we were promptly seated and served ice water and hot green tea. We both ordered lunch combos, and our soup was at the table within three minutes. I really enjoyed their wonton soup, which has bits of fresh chinese cabbage in it - yum! Our entrees were brought out before I even finished my tiny bowl of soup! Talk about fast service!! The portion was enormous. I took half of mine home for the next day, and the waiter boxed it tableside for me. The total bill for two lunch combos and a single fountain sodapop (I was more than happy with the tea!) Was $20. I will definitely be back!!

1 Thank tristamaye

SINY
“Sit down was a better experience”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

When in JH, I usually order take out from here, I always hear its the best of a limited Chinese food restaurants. I decided to check out the sit down. Plain decor, OK service, food tasted good & yes, the portions were or seem to be larger than what you would have than taking out.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank club212rookie
Shreveport, LA
“Agree with others”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

For Jackson Hole, excellent Chinese. Quick service and mile high portions. A lot of variations on dishes that you may be familiar with.

Definitely a thumbs up for variation from the common cuisines in the area. Give them a try when your taste buds need a break.

• Visited February 2014
Chicago
“Well worth looking for”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Chinatown Restaurant is tucked back off Broadway, and if you don't look carefully, you could easily zoom right by. But this eatery has very good food at reasonable prices, so if you're in the mood for Chinese, it's a good find. Chinatown is in a strip mall and doesn't look like much from the outside. Once inside, I was surprised by how big the place is. Our party of four was promptly seated on a Saturday evening around 7:30. Our waiter was a hoot. Despite the language difference, he was very quick-witted and had us laughing several times. Once I told him of my penchant for spicy, he recommended I try the special which was a Szechuan combo--came with egg roll and soup. Food came out promptly and everything tasted great. The rest of our group enjoyed their dishes as well. Casual atmosphere, good food, good prices. Keep your eyes peeled and don't miss it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ChiWeather
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Dim sum is a genre of food NOT a single mass produced appetizer....”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

After a month traveling cross country, eating Chinese food sounded like a good idea. Wrong. This is not what good Chinese food tastes like. Sorry. If this is the best Chinese food in Jackson Hole, it is a sad day. Don't think we will even try the other two places.

Visited October 2013