“Best food and service ever!”
Review of Snake River Grill

Snake River Grill
Ranked #5 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On the Town Square; Broadway & King St.
Description: As featured in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, The Wine Spectator and Quarterly Review of Wines, the Snake River Grill offers the finest in mountain dining. Our mostly organic menu promotes seasonal foods, fresh seafood, prime chops and steaks, vegetarian dishes, and free-range game and chicken. Our chef has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation for "Best Chef North West" the past two years. A recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence", The Grill offers over 300 wines, as well as a full cocktail and beer list.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had an amazing delicious dinner in the beautiful bar, with the most pleasant and professional service we have ever received. We split the Caesar salad which was one of the better we have had. My husband had the Pork Shank which was unbelievable good and I can't imagine how they did it. It was crispy, but still moist and flavorful throughout. There was plenty of sauce/broth with it. Yum! I had the lobster ravioli for a starter and it was lite, with the most delicately perfumed cream. My husband had to have half of it because it was too good not to share. I had the wild game bolonese (also a starter) for my main course and it was divine. Then the chocolate soufflé with creme anglais was perfectly, slightly crusty around the edges and light and fluffy throughout; perfect with a glass of red wine. Again, the service was the best ever, always there at the right time, not hovering, not stuffy, genuinely friendly.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I keep trying this place and consistently say I'm not coming back but I do because it is the signature restaurant in town based on the skill of the interior decorator. The food is average at best. The Cowboy or Buffalo steak, the most expensive item on the menu, has been sent back constantly by those I have dined with. It come served essentially raw and is one tough piece of meat. Save you $$$$$$. If you must go, just get a drink at the bar.

1  Thank WyoBruin
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Excellent dinner, great service. The wild game Korean hot bowl was superb. The burgers (not on the menu-you have to ask) are to die for. A little pricey, but it's a real treat.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

It's a good variety of food and a nice stop while in Jackson Hole. You of course want to take in the surrounding, but can't miss grabbing a great bite.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I could have been the best asset for Snake River Grill. In 2013 I visited Jackson and reckoned the meal I had in this restaurant was in my top 10! I told everyone what a great place with great food and very reasonably priced. So much so, on my return trip to Jackson this year (2014) I booked to eat there twice in seven days as soon as I had booked my holiday so that I could be sure of getting a table.

I arrived full of expectation – we were even seated at the self-same table as the year before. Our server came and told us the specials of the day and took our drink order while we perused the menu. Our drinks arrived along with some delicious bread and butter – sadly, the best thing about my dining companion’s meal.

By the time the server came back to take our order one of the specials, a pork dish which my companion planned to order, was no longer available. He opted for a crispy pork shank instead with an appetiser of French onion soup. I chose the beet salad and a sole dish cooked in paper.
The starter arrived. Mine was very good but the onion soup was missing its crouton. Soup and a big lump of cheese on top – the verdict, not very good.

The main dishes arrived. Again, mine was good but poor old pork shank was limp and floppy and had never been exposed to anything to make it crispy in its life – the verdict, not good.
What was most astounding was when the server served us our main dishes she asked us if we wanted to order the chocolate soufflé since it took 20 minutes to prepare. Really???? I thought this was supposed to be high end dining and maybe we could relax and enjoy our evening allowing our dinner to settle for 20 minutes if we wanted that specific dessert. We had been in the restaurant for 40 minutes at this point.

Maybe it was the table of 20 (split into two tables of 10) crammed very close to us that was taking all of the server’s attention away from the other diners.

Can I tell you that having to line up for the one washroom for the restaurant does not make you feel very special either.

Snake River Grill you need to try harder to keep your coveted spot in Jackson. I cancelled my second reservation for the week and I don’t think I’ll be back.

1  Thank amurny