“Awesome experience!!”
Review of Snake River Grill

Snake River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Snake River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On the Town Square; Broadway & King St.
Description: As featured in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, The Wine Spectator and Quarterly Review of Wines, the Snake River Grill offers the finest in mountain dining. Our mostly organic menu promotes seasonal foods, fresh seafood, prime chops and steaks, vegetarian dishes, and free-range game and chicken. Our chef has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation for "Best Chef North West" the past two years. A recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence", The Grill offers over 300 wines, as well as a full cocktail and beer list.
mid michigan
“Awesome experience!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We had a great experience at Snake River Grill. Service was top notch, drinks were out standing. The food and service was excellent!
If we ever go back, this will be the first restaurant on our list!

• Visited May 2011

San Antonio, Texas
“Not again.”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Went with friends to celebrate two special occasions. My wife and I had been to SRG many times and suggested SRG as "the place" to have our special/final dinner together. Arrived 45 minutes ahead of our 8:15 reservation to meet a friend (a JH resident who couldn't join us for dinner) for a drink beforehand. At 7:40 were told our table was ready. We reminded them of our reservation time and the fact we were meeting a friend. At 7:50 they insisted we sit. I'm not sure what the rush was because I had noticed throughout the evening there were several open tables around us.

Generally speaking, the service was only adequate and slow. We ordered appetizers and were told that one was no longer available. Unfortunate but okay. Ordered entrees and was told later that one of those was no longer available. Wow. Two hours after we initially sat, our entrees finally arrived. Half were just okay, the other half were either not what was expected or just inedible. We bit our tongues until the ordering of dessert.

One of our guests ordered a dessert cocktail that he had the night before at Rendezvous Bistro (fantastic experience, by the way!!) and was told by our waiter that he didn't think the bartender would accommodate the request - a Chocolate Martini. About 10 minutes later (maybe more) the guest inquired (was not told -- had to ask) about the drink and was told that it was not coming. Asked why, the waiter stated that the bartender didn't want to make it. I've never seen 5 jaws (couldn't see mine) drop any faster. After the rest of the mediocre desserts were comped (thanks SRG!), we quickly paid our bill and left....never to return. I was pleased to see it not ranked very highly in these rankings. Definitely NOT "the best" we had proclaimed to our guests. My wife and I were shocked and horribly embarrassed. After reading a few recent reviews here, I guess that explains why there were so many empty tables around us.

1 Thank frequentJHvisitor
St.Augustine
“Unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We arrived in Jackson Hole after our drive from Salt Lake City. It was a Thursday evening and we didn't realize how busy it would be. Several places on the square were heaving with people and long wait times. The SRG seated us right away with no reservation.

The menu albeit limited offered various choices. My husband chose the trout, which he said was the best trout he has ever tasted. I chose the flank steak and found it very flavorful. We ordred a Caesar salad to start and it was also beautiful with a sharp dressing and lovely presentation. The bread was tasty with lovely butter laced with scallions. We would certainly dine here again. The service was prompt and cheerful.

New York City, New York
“Disappointed..had high expectations for this place...”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have to say that I expected this restaurant to be the best one that we would visit but unfortunately I have to say it was the worst. We had appetizers--orreciette pasta with meat and mint flavor? and also a potato pancake with salmon...my husband's pasta dish was a bit too minty and my potato pancake was thin, dry and over-crisped and loaded with salmon as if it were a salmon pizza...it didnt end there---i had a crispy pork shank which was mediocre at best and my husband was supposed to have a steak with chimichurri sauce which ended up being chimichurri leaves...The staff was nice and credited back my husband's dish even though we didn't ask or expect that. It's a nice looking place and the staff is friendly but I think they need to work on core dishes instead of the frequent menu changes. Perhaps the chefs dont get the chance to master the dishes if they keep changing the menu.

Tampa, Florida, USA
“Great food, terrible service.”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Food was tasty and imaginative. Service was terrible, 15 minutes and two reminders to get a glass of tea. Our side was served after my son finished his entree an I was almost done.