“Fabulous!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: Please book reservations online or call us for available times as COVID-19 restrictions have limited our seating. We are taking all precautions seriously and are doing our best to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since the early days. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Reviewed March 1, 2021

This was the best meal I had in Jackson. Beautiful little place with super friendly and attentive staff. I can’t recommend it enough. The elk tenderloin was wonderful!

1  Thank Linda B
Write a reviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed February 28, 2021

So glad our daughter recommended this place on our visit to see her! We loved every aspect of our time at The Blue Lion. Amie was kind and made great recommendations. Our food and cocktails were incredible quality and presentation! We look forward to coming back next time in town.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed February 25, 2021 via mobile

We went to the Blue Lion for our anniversary dinner. And made it known on our reservation that it was our anniversary dinner. But no one even made notice of it— from the hostess to the waitstaff. Was a little disappointing. Our waiter was very serious. Didn’t crack a smile at any of our banter. I felt unwelcome. And being from the Midwest, we tried the elk tenderloin, and we liked it, but we didn’t love it. It was just a very underwhelming experience and an underwhelming meal.

I had the Huckleberry Scallops though that I did very much enjoy and would return for. They were the only saving grace of the visit.

1  Thank RonC2375
Reviewed February 22, 2021

We have been traveling to JH for many years and have never tried The Blue Lion until this trip. Cozy atmosphere with live music by a guy who played the guitar beautifully. Delicious food. My husband said it was the best rack of lamb he has ever had. I enjoyed my beef tenderloin immensely. The service was great and all employees were attentive to your needs. We will be putting The Blue Lion on our JH dining calendar.

Reviewed February 21, 2021

Celebrated our 40th anniversary. Marco played all of our favorite songs. Rob, our waiter, was fabulous. He had a great sense of humor. Food was wonderful! We'll be back. Thank you for making our special occasion a night to remember.