“Delicious food, charming atmosphere!”
Review of Blue Lion

Blue Lion
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since the early days. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Husband & I both ordered seafood and it was wonderful! Service was attentive and friendly and the acoustic guitar in the background was lovely. Would definitely return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I had a great dinner at the Blue Lion. It's just off the main drag, but worth looking for. I had the mixed grill (Trout and Elk) and it was excellent. My wife had the fish special (halibut) and it was excellent as well. Small in size, so definitely call for a reservation.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The guitar player was great. The food was just average and way over priced! We went there because we had a coupon from the news paper for half off a meal before 5:00. That helped some! Very close seating and loud.

1  Thank AlisaRehberg
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Our waiter fibbed about our wine, wasn't sure about whether "fresh salmon" was king, and left us waiting for bill. Seating too close. Food inconsistent. Hubbie's pork chop was amazing, but salmon was questionable quality topped with gelatinous raspberry "sauce." Many better options in this town!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a must if you are in Jackson Hole. The food is excellent; and the bread is heavenly! The perfect place for an intimate, cozy meal with a glass of wine.