“In my top 10 of best meals I've ever had!”
Review of Blue Lion

Blue Lion
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since those early days mostly due to retired head chef, Tim Libassi who's was with me for almost 25 years. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The Blue Lion has a great patio outside and understandably gets very busy so make sure you book ahead. I had the elk and my other half the lamb rack (their signature dish). Both were absolutely delicious and I savoured every mouthful! Quite pricey but don't miss it if you're anywhere near Jackson Hole.

There are newer reviews for Blue Lion

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I saw this place on tripadvisor and decided to try it for the reviews, and it went beyond expectations. We walked in to a relaxed, classy atmosphere of locals. Service was perfect. Hubby has the elk filet and I had the grilled halibut with mango salsa based on our server's rec. both were delicious, but the elk was to die for. We came here our first night, and it set the tone for an amazing vacation.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a lovely restaurant with delicious food, unusual dishes and flavors and the greatest service I've had in a while. Often, with a group of women, service can be so-so (not sure why some staff still think women don't tip...we DO and Well!) -- but our waiter was wonderful! Can't remember his name, but he was fun, right on...and at one point we swore he had telepathy with the bartender as we ordered one special wine and it was there before he left our table! We had a fantastic time...would highly recommend this as a must stop in Jackson!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the one restaurant that was recommended over and over again. We finally had a chance to go and it was wonderful. I had the Thai Shrimp and it was delicious!! I'm gluten free and they were very accommodating. Most things are gf or can be made gf. The waitress was well informed and knew what I could eat. The service was great to. Make a reservation because it is a busy place. We tried getting in a few days later without a reservation but couldn't get in. It wa our last night in town so we missed our chance to have dinner there again.

1  Thank 7WooHoos
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Blue Lion was recommended to us by the staff at the Wort Hotel. It was the best meal of our vacation! The restaurant is in a house with an outdoor patio for dining. Service was very good, we weren't rushed. Food was excellent!