“Loved this Tucked Away Restaurant”
Review of Blue Lion

Blue Lion
Ranked #4 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since those early days mostly due to retired head chef, Tim Libassi who's was with me for almost 25 years. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Denver
“Loved this Tucked Away Restaurant”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a lovely restaurant with delicious food, unusual dishes and flavors and the greatest service I've had in a while. Often, with a group of women, service can be so-so (not sure why some staff still think women don't tip...we DO and Well!) -- but our waiter was wonderful! Can't remember his name, but he was fun, right on...and at one point we swore he had telepathy with the bartender as we ordered one special wine and it was there before he left our table! We had a fantastic time...would highly recommend this as a must stop in Jackson!

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Madison, Wisconsin
“As good as they say!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the one restaurant that was recommended over and over again. We finally had a chance to go and it was wonderful. I had the Thai Shrimp and it was delicious!! I'm gluten free and they were very accommodating. Most things are gf or can be made gf. The waitress was well informed and knew what I could eat. The service was great to. Make a reservation because it is a busy place. We tried getting in a few days later without a reservation but couldn't get in. It wa our last night in town so we missed our chance to have dinner there again.

1 Thank 7WooHoos
Staten Island, New York
“Excellent meal in Jackson, WY”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Blue Lion was recommended to us by the staff at the Wort Hotel. It was the best meal of our vacation! The restaurant is in a house with an outdoor patio for dining. Service was very good, we weren't rushed. Food was excellent!

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic dinning experience - try to sit outside!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to dinner at the Blue Lion to celebrate our first night in Jackson Hole. We were advised that it is a popular location and should make a reservation, so we called ahead to make sure they had availability. I was delighted by our wonderful table on the patio outside, shaded by a big tree where we enjoyed a nice summer breeze and a view of a park and a mountain. The restaurant was quiet and the service was excellent. Our meal was fantastic! The menu featured many unique options - everything looked great, making it hard to decide what to order (a good problem to have!). Based on how good the bread and salad served before our meal were, we couldn't wait for our main courses. My sister loved the risotto with shrimp she ordered and my salmon dish was one of the best meals I have had in some time. I only regret not having saved room for dessert! The night we were there, they served a seasonal cobbler I wish I had ordered.

Oxford, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

One of the absolute best restaurants that we've eaten in! From the service, to the variety of food, to the quality, it was delicious. The entire staff was helpful and the service was great. If you like fine dining, I would definitely recommend the Blue Lion. It was the best meal I've had in a long time.