“Disappointed”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since those early days mostly due to retired head chef, Tim Libassi who's was with me for almost 25 years. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Six of us dined at the Blue Lion in February 2013. It had been recommended to me and it was rated well on Trip Advisor. Overall, I was disappointed. Both the food and service were, at best, average. It also annoyed me that we could not get "couples" checks.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We ate at the Blue Lion twice while we were there. Our server Jim offered excellent suggestions and service. We asked for him the second time we went in. The food was beyond our expectations, while I'm not a huge lamb fan, I ordered the rack of lamb both nights. Highly Recommended.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved it. Excellent food. It was a very cozy place, they had a man playing acoustic guitar downstairs, cocktails were good. Best place we ate the week we were there

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the Thai shrimp pasta and it was perfectly prepared. All the ingredients were obviously fresh and the owners personally greeted us at our table. The restaurant has the feel of a private home with its intimate setting. I would easily reccomend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had lamb, scallops and swordfish. All are excellent! Recommend for all. Ambience - Cousy small house you cannot find in the big cities. Like beeping at home with friends. Live music fits to overall atmosphere .
Отличная атмосфера. Отдельный домик очень уютный с живой музыкой.
Мы брали бараньи ребрышки, рыбу-меч и гребешки. Все было просто великолепно.
В целом 4+