“Highly Recommended”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since those early days mostly due to retired head chef, Tim Libassi who's was with me for almost 25 years. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

You do need to book in advance, but it is well worth it. Experienced and friendly staff and amazing food.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Some locals recommended this as a must do while my husband & I were in town last October and it did not disappoint! Intimate dining room, absolutely incredible food, and fantastic hand crafted cocktails. A must do dinner!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went here for dinner on new years eve, they had a preset 4 course meal that was so hearty we ended up taking home half of our entrees and one of the deserts. Tasty overall and were helpful guiding me toward gluten free items. Could be more creative rather than traditional with their lamb dish, never really understood the mint sauce combination.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Several people had recommended us to visit the Blue Lion during our visit to Jackson, and we were very glad that they did. The ambience of the restaurant is pleasant and relaxing. I had the grilled elk tenderloin which was absolutely delicious, as was the accompanying mashed potato. My wife hit the jackpot with the dessert; the Tiramisu is wonderful. A very pleasant alternative to the other more "cowboy-themed" restaurants in town.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate here Christmas Day and it totally lived up to my expectations. My husband had the lamb and he is still talking about it.