“Nice late dinner”
Review of Rendezvous Bistro

Rendezvous Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rendezvous Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple WY
Transit: START Bus picks up next door at KMART.
Description: A favorite of both locals and visitors, the Bistro is considered a signature of Jackson Hole. Sophisticated, yet casual, the American eatery features creative interpretations of classic bistro fare. A warm and lively atmosphere is complimented by friendly, impeccable service.The Bistro offers the only Raw Bar in town, serving fresh oysters on the halfshell, tuna tartare, and oyster shooters. The full bar offers a complete liquor selection, an extensive wine list, specialty cocktails, and beers on tap.A private dining room is available to accommodate parties of up to 25 people.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

After a really long day of driving/touring, we were famished and looking for a local dining option. Our hotel front desk person had recommended this spot and we were most satisfied with the food, service, & ambience. Good choice when in JH area.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had a great meal at Rendezvous Bistro. My husband had the Wednesday special, Mary's Fried Chicken, and I elected to go with the Vegetable Malfatti. Both our meals were excellent, as was the service we received. One dish that walked by us probably 6 times during our meal was the Tuna Tartare (found under the Raw Bar section of the menu). It looked amazing and we were both disappointed we hadn't ordered it to start. Next time! The atmosphere is comfortably casual, energetic and friendly. We will definitely return.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Excellent service and a menu that makes it hard to choose. I went with the waiter's recommendations and they nailed it.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was truly the last supper...of our vacation and in meaning. We had traveled through the Tetons and Yellowstone, had a good meal at the Mural Room at Jackson Lake Lodge, (every other restaurant in Yellowstone was forgettable) but the Rendezvous Bistro was the most memorable restaurant of or 9 day trip. We are a family of 5: 8, 13 and 15 kids, and 2 45 year olds. Excellent service. When we first arrived, we couldn't decide between outside and inside; we ended up outside, and the waiter was nice enough to bring the table paper used for the inside tables for our 8 year old daughter to draw on. He was attentive, friendly, helpful, and overall a great waiter. For the first time in 9 days, we did not have to ask for our glasses to be refilled. The food came quickly and it was excellent They happily allowed my 15 year old and me to split a wonderful ribeye with no charge One child had trout that she loved; one had chicken fingers (surprise) and my husband loved his spicy pork chop. We sat outside and it was delightful. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I had the misfortune of having our wedding anniversary fall during the busiest Friday night of the summer season. We decided to go out anyway (carpe diem!) and wound up here. I will give them the benefit of the doubt since it WAS packed everywhere in and around town, but we were told the wait would be about 20 minutes and we ended up waiting almost 90 for a table. We didn't leave because we couldn't get in anywhere else (had tried to make reservations prior). The manager was kind and realized they had screwed up the estimate and bought us a drink while we waited.

So we were happy when we finally sat down to eat. The service continued to be reasonable, if somewhat cool. But the food itself was underwhelming. My husband's duck confit was dry and my lamb souvlaki was very heavy on dill. None of it was inedible but in short I felt that I could (and do) prepare something better at home.

When it came time to order dessert, they had run out of about half of the selections. Again, it was so unusually busy that I can't entirely blame them for this, but it was a bit of a disappointment. The pavlova we ended up with was very good although the passion fruit curd was VERY acidic.

This was our first time but given the circumstances we may give it another go during a slower season. Will update if we do.