“One of the best meals I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rendezvous Bistro

Rendezvous Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rendezvous Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple WY
Transit: START Bus picks up next door at KMART.
Description: A favorite of both locals and visitors, the Bistro is considered a signature of Jackson Hole. Sophisticated, yet casual, the American eatery features creative interpretations of classic bistro fare. A warm and lively atmosphere is complimented by friendly, impeccable service.The Bistro offers the only Raw Bar in town, serving fresh oysters on the halfshell, tuna tartare, and oyster shooters. The full bar offers a complete liquor selection, an extensive wine list, specialty cocktails, and beers on tap.A private dining room is available to accommodate parties of up to 25 people.
Seattle, Washington
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We dined here Christmas eve, and luckily had made a reservation a week in advance - the place was mobbed. We were seated near the bar, and our waiter (Danny?) was superb throughout the meal - always attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We ordered the smoked quail appetizer, which had a rich cherrywood flavor and was smoked to perfection. My girlfriend had the lamb ragu gnocchi which she said was good, but I suspect there were other things on the menu she would have preferred to order. I had the venison. This is probably my 3rd or 4th time having this and this was far and away the best preparation, along with the best combination of sides: chorizo-bacon wild rice and fried okra. Every bite was delicious, and my date was jealous enough that I had to give her three bites. Though a great many entrees on the menu looked delicious, I would be hard pressed to order anything else if I went back. I would rate this among the five best meals I've ever had.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Rendezvous Bistro, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! Once you order the venison, it is so hard to order anything else after that. You've been sucked in! Glad you had a great experience and enjoyed Danny - I will be sure to pass along your praises. Hope to see you back in again next Christmas if not before!

Los Angeles
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Half of what we ordered was delicious but I expected more. Loved the mussels and onion soup. Lentil salad was sent back. Seabass was ok. Lamb ragu was fantastic.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Rendezvous Bistro, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed the French Onion Soup and mussels - did you get the garlic herb butter or red thai curry? Hope to see you back again soon! Cheers.
Jackson, Wyoming
“A Disappointing Meal.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Myself and seven other folks had dinner here in early November 2012 and we were underwhelmed. As a long time local I have had dinner several times at the Bistro and always been very impressed with the quality and quantity of food served. Not this last time. We had mussels and fried calamari for appetizers, several members had the french onion soup, and we had a variety of main courses. The mussels were good; the calamari was so so. The french onion soup was awful; more of a spicy goulash style soup and not very good. Steer away from the french onion soup. I had pork tenderloin for my main meal, and it was okay. The applesauce tasted a bit like vinegar and to me had turned. The main course certainly was not worth what we paid. The Bistro was offering a special: buy one main course, the second was $2.00 and proceeds benefited local charities. I appreciate the Bistro's generosity in this regard and hope they will continue this in the future. The service was the only bright spot of the evening: our server was very attentive and good natured, and the drinks were excellent. However, this was not enough to overcome the fair to okay quality of the meal. Frankly, the quality was what you would find at a Sizzler or Applebees. Maybe the chef had a very bad night. I don't think I will return anytime soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Rendezvous Bistro, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience, Bill. Our sincere apologies that your experience did not live up to your prior visits. Glad to hear that the off-season special benefiting local non-profits and our service staff made your dinner better, and we hope that you will come back and try some other things on the menu soon.
Littleton, Colorado
“Good restaurant right next to Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Warm, friendly atmosphere, with good food and service....prices a little higher than other bistros in Jackson, but quality was worth it. Had appetizers and wine only, and meant to return for dinner, but ran out of time.

Visited October 2012
finediningllc, Public Relations Manager at Rendezvous Bistro, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for visiting us on your stay to Jackson Hole! Glad you enjoyed your wine and appetizers - hopefully we can catch you for dinner on your next visit. Cheers!
carefree,az.
“Jackson"s Best?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

When you consider quality,menu variety,and value,Rendezvous Bistro is arguably Jackson's best venue. We always stop in on our visits to beautiful NW Wyoming and have NEVER been disappointed. You might have to wait,as this is a popular gathering spot for locals and tourists.But it's worth the inconvenience as you will quickly discover why you're waiting...

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Always feels good to be referred to as the "best" - thank you, thank you! Looking forward to the next time you venture our way. Cheers!