“Unusual menu selections and popular with the locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rendezvous Bistro

Rendezvous Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rendezvous Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple WY
Transit: START Bus picks up next door at KMART.
Description: A favorite of both locals and visitors, the Bistro is considered a signature of Jackson Hole. Sophisticated, yet casual, the American eatery features creative interpretations of classic bistro fare. A warm and lively atmosphere is complimented by friendly, impeccable service.The Bistro offers the only Raw Bar in town, serving fresh oysters on the halfshell, tuna tartare, and oyster shooters. The full bar offers a complete liquor selection, an extensive wine list, specialty cocktails, and beers on tap.A private dining room is available to accommodate parties of up to 25 people.
Florida
“Unusual menu selections and popular with the locals”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The place was recommended to us by a lady bartender at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. We found the place easily and were seated right away in the bar area, which was fine. The service was very good by a lady who seemed to care greatly for our experience and told us that the restaurant would soon be having their 10 year anniversary. My husband had an entree of orange glazed chicken over couscous and he liked that except for the cooked spinach which she forgot to advise him of. I had the mushroom omelet with arugula ... totally tasty and comfort food. The wine selection was superior and it seemed like a very popular spot for localls.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Lovely Menu, Perfect Service”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

So enjoyed our dinner at "The Bistro" as the locals call it. Wonderful service, terrific wine list and great atmosphere. The food...please try the meatloaf...OMG, one of my all time favorite meals! It is crowded. Make a reservation and ask to sit against at a table against the wall, and not in the middle of the room. It's noisy with laughter and talking so come prepared! Exceptional.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Delightful and delicious”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

What a cool place. Very good food and fun people. We followed some advice from tr advisor and just had a great evening. I would recommend the oysters (yes oysters in Jackson Hole) and the pork chops. The service was good all the way around and the atmosphere was very happening and busy.

Rapid City, Michigan
“Really great meal - great service (once seated after long wait)”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had dinner here in late September - had made reservations on the internet weeks in advance. This is a place where you NEED reservations.

In spite of the reservations, we had a 20 minute wait in the lobby (bar was overflowing), and it seemed that they were seating people who had arrived after us - perhaps they were their regulars. Finally, husband inquired, and they said it wouldn't be too much longer.

Once seated, everything was wonderful! the host stopped by with a free calamari appetizer to make up for the wait. Good intentions, but husband is gluten-free. No problem - what would you like? He replaced with mussels which were delicious.

We split a frisse salad, and both had sunfish, which was perfectly prepared...(I get tired of receiving overcooked fish - but this was perfect- moist and flavorful - what a delight - especially since the place was really, really busy). All accompanied by some wine, of course. Then we split a marvelous creme brulee for dessert. .

Again, even though they were slammed, the service was good once seated. And the tables were spaced far enough apart that you felt comfortable relaxing to enjoy the night. A memorable evening of great food and nice service!

Should note - it is difficult to figure out where the entrance to their parking lot is. We ended up parking at the far back of the Albertson's parking lot and walking through a small, short path into their lot.

• Visited September 2011
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Decent Food, but our waitress forgot about us”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

During our last day of our Yellowstone, Grand Teton NP trip, we decided to give this Bistro a try based on the good reviews here. We made a reservation before hand and therefore was able to get our table immediately. After asking for drinks at the beginning, our waitress somehow forgot about our table. It took almost 25 minutes before she realized, by then couple other tables under her who came after us had ordered their dishes, and my wife and I have finished a game with the crayons provided.

I was indeed a little upset about the wait, especially after a day long hike and drive around park. I hoped the dishes would compensate for the wait time. I would say yes, but only partially. I had the pork belly tacos as appetizers which was probably the best dish we ordered. It was very tasty - the belly tasted just like those thick bacon and the lime complemented the savory taste of the belly very well. My wife loved her French Onion Gratin too but I didn't really try it so I can't provide a detailed description here. My clams spaghetti was fine, just the same as those clam pastas you can have in other restaurants. I somehow think linguine fits the dish better. My wife's bouillabaisse was a bit disappointing - we are not sure why there were so many potatoes, and they could have used size 21-25 shrimps rather than the frozen tiny size 90-100 ones. I am very picky about eating shrimps and therefore it was a big minus to me. My wife was not as disappointed by that.

Overall I would say the food was decent, but not great. At least I feel energized after the meal.

• Visited September 2011