“Good Food”

Gun Barrel Steak & Game House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 147 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is a locally owned and operated restaurant which opened in 1993. Enjoy Jackson Hole's finest steaks & game dishes, all cooked over an open river-rock mesquite grill in a rustic hunting lodge atmosphere. The Gun Barrel is located just one mile from the world famous Jackson Town Square and a short drive from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Come visit us today!
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We came in late after a day at Yellowstone, right before closing, they were so nice to seat us, we were a group of 10 and I think the last to leave, but never felt rushed. Because of the late hour, I chose soup and appetizer and glad I did, very good soup and potato skins were more than enough. All was good! Great waiter, Evan, to handle our bunch!
The Decor is interesting and worth walking around and seeing.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed August 9, 2014

The decor, food and service far exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended for a great meal in Jackson.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Yes, I know this is a tourist destination, but if you are looking for an upscale restaurant there are better options. The food was good, but the restaurant is huge and very busy. This would be a great place for family dining, but not an intimate meal.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I both had elk entrees at the Gun Barrel. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was what you would expect from the restaurant's name. One of the best meals we had while in Jackson Hole. A little pricy but the menu offers choices that aren't available at most restaurants.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family recently visited and we all enjoyed our meals - from the caveman sized Bison ribs to the Elk chop, everything was pretty tasty. The interior is a hoot! It is filled with stuffed animals, including a full sized Bison. Our service was very good and although a little pricey, the portions were fairly large. I'll go again next time in Jackson.