“Good steaks and salmon but pricey”

Gun Barrel Steak & Game House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is a locally owned and operated restaurant which opened in 1993. Enjoy Jackson Hole's finest steaks & game dishes, all cooked over an open river-rock mesquite grill in a rustic hunting lodge atmosphere. The Gun Barrel is located just one mile from the world famous Jackson Town Square and a short drive from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Come visit us today!
Greenville, TX
“Good steaks and salmon but pricey”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great atmosphere lots of wood, animals on walls very Old West. Very good food but a bit pricey so expect around $30 up per person and a bit slow but worth it. We have tried the steak and the salmon and liked both. Depending on the day of the week there could be a wait. I believe you can call ahead for a reservation.

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Houston, Texas
“Shooting Blanks”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were severely disappointed with this restaurant.
Pro's: Cold Water, decent bread, good sweet potato and green beans, unique atmosphere
Con's: I ordered the ribs. Coming from Texas, I guess my expectations should be significantly lowered when ordering meat outside of the Loan Star State. The ribs came drowned in BBQ sauce , rendering them pretty much inedible. I was expecting ribs with seasoning and optional BBQ sauce on the side so the diner could decide on the desired amount. I believe they were drowning in the sauce to cover up the dryness of the ribs.
My boyfriend ordered the Cheyenne Tenderloin. I have never seen him not finish a steak until that meal. It just tasted like a piece of meat: no flavor, no seasoning, just meat. We do not usually use steak sauce as the steak should be good enough with out it, but the only way to eat this steak was with the steak sauce.
Overall, the $90 tab was the biggest waste of money we've spent in a long time. Take my advice and GO TO THE BIRD INSTEAD...

• Visited September 2013
“Delicious food!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Typically, a themed restaurant with a prime location in a tourist town. Friendly service, fun place for the whole family, interesting atmosphere, and good food.Best meat I ever eat in a restaurant!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
“You need to eat here!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

When you think of what a restaurant should be in Jackson Hole this is it. First off a great atmosphere that screams the Old West. The food was excellent although a tad expensive but it was worth it. I ordered elk and it was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Service was great with only a minor wait for a table. I will be dining here again when I head back to JH in October.

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Ohio
“Best meal we have had in a time!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

OMG this place should be ranked #1. My husband and I went here our last night in Jackson. They atmosphere is amazing. They have a story about the history of the restaurant and many of the things inside it on the front of the menu. Our waiter was wonderful! He was the perfect amount of attentiveness and he did so on a very busy night. He was knowledgeable about the menu and able to make recommendations and our food courses were spaced out perfectly. We have never had buffalo or elk and wanted to try them. We had the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer, they were very very good. We both each got something different and more of less split them both. I had the Buffalo sirloin with Cajun onion straws and a baked sweet potato. My sirloin was seasoned well and cooked to perfection, really like the onion straws with it. The baked sweet potato was one of the best I have ever had. My husband had the Elk medallions. It literally melted in your mouth is was so tender! We each had crème brulee for desert, it was perfect. This is one of the BEST meals and food experienced I have had. I would be willing to pay for a $400 round trip ticket just to go back out and eat at the Gun Barrel!

• Visited August 2013