“Better than you might think.”

Gun Barrel Steak & Game House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is a locally owned and operated restaurant which opened in 1993. Enjoy Jackson Hole's finest steaks & game dishes, all cooked over an open river-rock mesquite grill in a rustic hunting lodge atmosphere. The Gun Barrel is located just one mile from the world famous Jackson Town Square and a short drive from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Come visit us today!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had made reservation to Gun Barrel before we left for WY and when i saw the restaurant in a strip mall, I was a bit worried. The place looks like a museum with guns and stuffed animals on the wall. I thought more of Disneyland than WY. However, i was proven wrong. The ambiance was lots of fun and the food was very good. As one can imagine Game is on the menu. Of course beef is available and also salad and even fish. The service was very good and the wine list was surprisingly good. Overall, we were very please with our meal. I guess the old adage is true..One can not judge a book by its cover.

There are newer reviews for Gun Barrel Steak & Game House

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Prime rib at its best. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. I had the wedge salad with blue cheese and it was also great.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall, my husband and I both enjoyed our meals. I had a steak and he had elk. Both were well prepared. The service was good and the apple pie was great. It was a good steakhouse, nothing more, nothing less.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all, remember you are just south of Yellowstone, so everything is pricey. Our hotel desk help suggested this place for the food and price. The ambiance is great if you are into the outdoors. Lots of animals and log home feel. Then the menu. Everything is about $28. The prime rib was good. The salmon was good. The trout was good. The pork chops were ok. We had to ask for extra bread and refills. Drinks are $2+. So our bill was $90. That same meal back home would have been $50. I'm cheap. Overall, if I were splurging, I might go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We'd been here before back in 2007 and it was every bit as good. The place was buzzing - a sign of a great place to eat.
We didn't have to wait for a table and the waitress was with us very quickly. There is a fantastic choice of food including buffalo and elk. The local bears are also available and very tasty.
Our meal was ready within a short time and was absolutely delicious. No room for a sweet course though.