“A great palce to try game.”

Gun Barrel Steak & Game House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is a locally owned and operated restaurant which opened in 1993. Enjoy Jackson Hole's finest steaks & game dishes, all cooked over an open river-rock mesquite grill in a rustic hunting lodge atmosphere. The Gun Barrel is located just one mile from the world famous Jackson Town Square and a short drive from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Come visit us today!
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We tried the buffalo steak and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is very relaxed and is a great place to unwind.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We came to Jackson Hole to ski and wanted to find a place to have dinner. We looked at the menu and the Elk medallions caught our attention. They sounded delicious and were at least as good as they sounded. I would order them again. The ribs were also very good. The portion sizes were generous and reasonably priced for the quality of food, especially given the fact that most places in Jackson are pretty expensive. There was also a nice selection of local beers. Our server, Ali, provided good service and a great recommendation for dessert (bread pudding). The restaurant has an interesting collection of wild game trophies and - as you might expect in a restaurant named "Gun Barrel" - a collection of antique firearms. Overall, dining here was a terrific experience and we plan to return the next time we are in Jackson.

1  Thank Likes2Travel2Places
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very good steakhouse choice. Informal atmosphere with lots of stuffed animals. Ordered the Elk medallions, NY Strip and Ribeye. All of the choices were very good but the Ribeye was outstanding. Service was great, even with the place completely full. I do suggest reservations if you are going on a weekend night. Was already packed at 6pm!

1  Thank sttdiver
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was travelling thru on my way to Yellowstone and dropped by the Visitors Center. While in there the lady behind the counter told somebody else to try this place for good local food. So after visiting some local sights I came by for dinner. Looked nice upon arrival. Service was great right off the bat. Food came quick. The Sampler meal is quite a bit of food; trust me I was full at the end. I can't remember all the animals in it (believe it was elk, deer and buffalo), but I definitely remember the buffalo steak. It was my first buffalo meal and I want more.

1  Thank Richard-Julie_K
Reviewed March 22, 2013

16 of us went out to dinner for our friends birthday. The staff was good and the food was very good. As we were celebrating we had pitchers that range from lager to IPA. The game options were standard to some but new to me, including elk, venison, bison. I ordered the 6 oz Cheyenne Tenderloin which was cooked rare and very tasty, but I had ordered med-rare. I also had the beef carpaccio appetizer which came with smoked gouda and was extraordinary minus the terrible crostini. You can dismiss the veggies as an after thought, the meat is the showcase and the restaurant isn't shy about it. Overall a good-great experience.

1  Thank ElHombreSinNombre27