“Good western BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Bubba's BBQ was tasty and the atmosphere was casual. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. It was just what we wanted.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,898)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our second time to Bubba;s and they did not disappoint. Great staff, good value, awesome food. Not much more one can ask for in a restaurant. Will go again when ever in Jackson

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had a dinner and a breakfast here. Both were great. The food tastes great, the service is good and the portions are generous.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were staying at the Elk Country which didn't have an eating facility so decided to try Bubba's ( which is next door) - good decision. Food was delicious despite my husband's steak being rather fatty/grisly. We liked it enough to breakfast there the next morning.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had really wanted BBQ while we were in Jackson and had read the reviews for this one and the one in Cody. It had 4 stars! Which I really can't understand. This place is like a Chucky Cheese. Literally. It's filled with screaming kids running around and it's a long wait to get a table. I ordered the BBQ chicken and upgraded my side to new potatoes thinking they would be prepared with some kinda seasoning, or something cool and yummy. But it ended up being a tiny dish of two (only) small new potatoes...they are already really small. And they were essentially just boiled, no butter, seasoning, not prepared. Why did I pay an extra $1.50 for these? Oh and did I mention, they were cold? I told the server and asked if I could just change them but she insisted that I stick with the new potatoes and she'd get me hot ones. The chicken was pretty darn good, which is why I'm giving this two vs. one star. But the second side was corn on the cob and it's not even a whole corn on the cob, it's about one fourth of a corn cob. It was kinda burnt too. My bf had got the chicken and rib combo plate for $20.99. It was not worth $20.99. The ribs were super par. We've had the same quality ribs at any Denny's or diner, nothing special. The portions were not what you would expect from an authentic BBQ place nor was the flavor. The small side of beans was really a joke. The garlic bread was cold and not good. Norm's and Denny's have much spreads of food for far less money. It was really that quality food but twice the price. It cost about $52 with tip for the two of us. It should have been more like $25 or less. And I can't understand how this would be a good value for families with kids. Not worth it at all.

1  Thank Samarasnoh