“Sandwich stop in Jackson Hole”

New York City Sub Shop
Ranked #53 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Rexburg, Idaho
“Sandwich stop in Jackson Hole”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have been stopping for a sandwich for years at New York Sub Shop. We do like them. It was better when we went to their old tiny shop near the square. We do not stop as often as the old charm is gone and the sandwiches while good do not seem as good as they used to. Still worth a try if you want a quick sandwich. They are best eaten right away as the oil dressing that they put on the sandwich quickly makes the bread soggy.

• Visited May 2012

Konstanz, Germany
“Wouldn't make it in New York”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

A sandwich shop that conjures New York should live up to NYC standards, but this one doesn't. The bread is mediocre, meat portions are small and the toppings limited.

1 Thank GlobalSkiSurf
UT
“Not very friendly or appreciative”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Visited Jackson Hole during Labor Day weekend and we stopped in and had lunch here on a Sunday afternoon. I'm a sandwich fan, so my family and I decided to give New York City Sub Shop a try.

Place is pretty small, and it was rather crowded with the lunchtime crowd. When placing our order, I noticed the gal working the front counter seemed rather unhappy and/or put out. Not quite sure what was going on, but we were not greeted warmly at all. After placing my order, the gal rang up the wrong amount. When I voice my concern that what she was charging me, she looked rather annoyed and re-entered my order. Only then did the price sound more reasonable and in line with what we had ordered to eat.

Waited about 20 minutes for our order to be filled, and when I picked it up, the gal making the food looked less than enthralled to be there, too. I thanked her for her service, but never even got so much as eye contact, let alone a "You're welcome."

Food was decent at best. The homemade cookies we purchased for dessert were the WORST I've ever tasted. We ended up tossing them they were so bad.

Guess if you like mediocre food, mediocre service, and unpleasant employees - this is your place. Me? I'll definitely skip this place on my next visit. I wouldn't want to bother the employees with making them work.

• Visited September 2012