“Good place to rent a canoe”

Rendezvous River Sports
Ranked #50 of 74 Tours in Jackson
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have rented with them twice (2 separate trips). We didn't do a group trip, but just rented a canoe to go camping in the National Park. They are helpful and were recommended by the Park Service. Sometimes the service could be pretty mellow and they tended to service phone calls before the folks standing in front of them, with was rather frustrating at times, but oh well, we're on vacation, so I guess we need to relax!

We didn't have a roof rack but we put the canoe up on foam blocks and that worked fine. Just bring along a few towels to protect the roof of the car from the screw heads on the boat - they can scratch the top of the car (I know from personal experience). You get the boat, tie downs, dry backs, paddles, life preservers. We will go to them again!

2  Thank Smiledoctorsmile
There are newer reviews for Rendezvous River Sports

Reviewed September 15, 2012

In August '12 I had a group on Yellowstone Lake under the guidance of Erin and Libby at Rendezvous River Sports (Jackson Hole Kayak School). Our group had a 3-day/2-night camping trip on the lake. The scenery was spectacular. The wildlife viewing was great. But what made the trip were these two ladies. They were patient, informative and helpful to me and my guests. They provided instruction and tips to the novice paddlers along the way. The rental tents were in great shape. The meals they created were nothing short of gourmet. The fresh basil-tomato-mozzarella salad and Pesto pasta with sausage and garlic bread dinner stands out. We had a "formal" presentation on the geology and history of the park after our first night's dinner. We had a rough 3rd day with a strong headwind. These girls helped some very tired paddlers by towing them - for two hours - back to our launch site. (I've towed folks without the headwind and was completely drained - so kudos to you ladies!!!) Overall, they truly tended to our needs. If (when) I do this again, I would limit the trip to 2-day/1-night . . . and hire Rendezvous River Sports to be our guides and gear providers.

1  Thank TreadLightAdventurer
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had this trip organised for us through the Hotel Concierge, decided to try the Ducky Kayak as we had no experience. We had a two man group lead by our Guide Taylor. What an amazing experience. I have never been so scared, exhilarated, wet, frightened but totally full of adrenaline in my life. I still cant believe we went through all those rapids.
I would recommend Rendezvous and their guides.Felt safe, we were fully equipped and clothed by them and it was a 3 hour trip. Well worth the money. Not a cheap trip $155 each but god did we get our moneys worth. Taylor our guide was knowledgeable, kept a close eye on us and made us feel safe. Would do this again happily.

1  Thank ed30