“Great location and good food”

Local Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Broadway and Deloney
Transit: Jackson's S.T.A.R.T. bus stops across the street. (Town Square stop.)
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“Great location and good food”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by my sister who visited last year.

The decor and atmosphere was quite nice. The menu had many interesting choices as well.

We had the elk medallions which were a little tough but quite interesting. The burger was excellent although a little overcooked to my request. We started with a beef carpaccio which was excellent however there was very little meat.

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Quiet Excellence”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This was a find. It's right across from the town square, but located in the midst of several retail shops so it doesn't stand out from the outside. Upon entering the scene changes: While it is unpretentious, it is clearly a fine dining establishment. From the hostesses to the wait staff the crew is pleasant, attractive, and professional. We were fortunate to get a table looking out the window on the square, which offered a great view of the interesting crowd Jackson Hole attracts.
The menu and wine list were both top notch, and our server was attentive but not obtrusive. The oysters Rockefeller were excellent, but we also tried the Pacific oysters on the half shell, and they were tiny and bland, a poor cousin of the fat, salty Gulf Oysters to which we are accustomed. The salmon, pork shank, and veal Marsala main courses were all outstanding.
It was a little pricey, even for Jackson, but worth every penny.

Visited August 2014
Florida
“Very well done menu, great burgers, service, overall great choice!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband, daughter and I popped into this restaurant on vacation in Jackson this week. It had a crowd, which is usually a good sign. Despite the small menu, I appreciate a place that will focus on a dozen or so items and do them really well. Burgers are great with a variety of toppings to choose from. My daughter who dislikes most all food, enjoyed the burger and home made fries, not frozen which I appreciated and stole a few... I ordered the philly cheese steak which was also quite good and different because it was a nice bread and cheese "fondue", very creamy and true to flavor you would want with a cheesesteak. Even the side salad was above average, with a homemade dressing I think, so impressed there as well. A few days later, we opted back at Local to try a garganelli pasta with spicy elk and kale and tomatoes. it was really rich and delicious but not heavy because the portion was a modest size. I would definitely recommend this place to friends visiting JH.

• Visited August 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Spotty.”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I love wild game food. And After a day at Yellowstone I was ready and excited for elk, one of my favorites. We started out well with 3 excellent sides, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, & mushrooms. Our waitress was a bit weird and taken with her own self loveliness and importance, I decided she was tired because of all the August traffic. I didn't care... Elk was in the wings, our waitress was not. The elk was tough, over cooked and my partners steak was very nice, but over cooked. We ate for we were starved, and the thought of waiting through another 45 minutes of noisy drunk tourists and locals celebrations was not a favorable idea. Our waitress did reappear around dessert time, and we did enjoy a free cheesecake for our suffering. It was very nice. The local report is: great burgers, great sides, full of 9 month wonder waitresses who will never be seen again....

Visited August 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Swing and a miss ”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

From the far-less-than-welcoming greeting to the "meh" food, this overhyped restaurant didn't live up to its promise. The only reason it got any stars was the above-average appetizers. Entrees were just ok - and when you put a $75 ribeye steak on the table, you ought to give diners knives that are up to the task (hint: Local didn't come close, even when asked for a replacement). Final observation: in most restaurants the wait staff step aside for guests and thank you on the way out for your visit; alas, Local's staff doesn't meet that high standard.

1 Thank Hattrick56