“GREAT MEAL. Really good food.”

Local Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Broadway and Deloney
Transit: Jackson's S.T.A.R.T. bus stops across the street. (Town Square stop.)
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Top location -- right on the town square. Excellent food ... get the blackened trout. Steak good also. Prices aren't cheap. Don't get fooled by "local" meaning inexpensive. big city food, big city prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We ate dinner at Local two nights in a row this week. Excellent food and great service. I'm looking forward to eating there again when I return to Jackson next year.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We dropped in and were very disappointed. I had the filet, which was fine on the inside, but charred so much on the outside that it was difficult to chew.

There were few tables occupied when we were there, but the noise was very loud; about what you would find at iHop at breakfast. We had no problems hearing music from the bar about 30 feet away and conversations from other diners several tables away. The wait staff was courteous and attentive.

Cost for two without wine was right at $100. For that price, I would have expected a better experience.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our group of seven enjoyed a nice dinner at The Local after a busy day of travel.
I enjoyed a nice ribeye that was prepared just the way I like it, medium rare, and no steak sauce needed. The steak was really good, but maybe just a bit tough.
Everyone else in our group enjoyed their meals and complimented me on picking the place. My wife especially liked the shrimp cocktail.
I would definitely go back the next time we're in town

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Good food, but server below par. A bit pricy, but was seated immediately. Food of good selection, would return.