“OK for lunch”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Broadway and Deloney
Transit: Jackson's S.T.A.R.T. bus stops across the street. (Town Square stop.)
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was our first stop in Jackson. A new restaurant. Service was slow. Food was fine. Atmosphere was nice but noisy.

2  Thank kent f
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I asked the hotel clerk for a good burger within walking distance of the town square. Without hesitation she said, "the Local". Next to the Cowboy Bar, this is a finer restaurant than a burger joint. My wife had a Cobb Salad and I had a burger. Both were very good. The service was very attentive, though the food was a bit slow for a nearly empty restaurant. (We were between the lunch and dinner crowd.) They offer bison burgers as well as beef burgers.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good location in the heart of Jackson with very nice bar area. We had lunch there - burgers are nothing to write home about. Very pleasant wait staff.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We enjoyed the grass fed all beef hamburgers with most of the toppings. We added fries and they included three dips with that. The restaurant was modern and light. You could look out onto Jackson Square park across the street. The waitress at lunch was very friendly. There is also a u shaped bar as large as the dining section.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Having traveled from North Carolina and an avid cook myself, I am nothing less than amazed at how wonderful the food is at Local. My son and I have dined there twice in just a couple of days, as nothing in the area compares. We are excited about dining at her sister restaurant Trio. If you are in the area, go where the Locals go, you won't be disappointed. Kudos to the chef, technique, flavor and staff are top notch. You've got the winning combination.