“How Bad Can It Get?”
Review of Stagecoach Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Stagecoach Motel
Ranked #39 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 19, 2006

I made a credit card reservation by telephone with the "Stagecoach Motel", located at 291 North Glenwood, Jackson, WY in early June - for a 1-night stay on July 16th. When I arrived at the motel on July 16th, the office was closed/locked. There was a sign on the exterior wall of the office building indicating "For Rent". I spoke to a person leaving one of the rooms and was told that the Stagecoach Motel was a 'monthly rental for local employees', and 'had been such an establisahment for about a year'. I called the telephone number given in the Stagecoach Motel advertisement, and the call was answered by a recorded message at the "Pioneer Motel". I went to the Pioneer Motel (located on Cache Drive) only to find this office also closed/locked, with a sign indicating that the office would reopen at 3:30 P.M. When I returned after 3:30 P.M., I was told that I did have reservation, but at the "Pioneer Motel", not the Stagecoach Motel. The room assigned to me was in very poor condition (e.g., TV totally inoperative; toilet seat was unattached; AC was a small window unit installed in the bathroom, was in poor condition, and unable to provide any cooling to the bedroom area; carpet was 'filthy'; bad odors/smells in the room; etc; etc; etc. Repeated complaints to the office, over several hours, were totally ignored. I turned in the keys at the office, informed them that I would not pay the agreed overnight rate for such poor conditions, and departed. Upon my departure, I was told that I could not do that! Oh? DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USE OF THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple