“AWESOME!!!!”

and up
Yellowstone Lower Loop Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join us during summer months for a guided tour of Grand Teton or Yellowstone National Park. Grand Teton National Park is home to many spectacular wild animals including bison, moose, bears, bald eagles, and more, not to mention amazing landscapes. Yellowstone is an area of unrivaled geothermal wonders and fantastic scenery. We also offer hiking as part of our Yellowstone trips. Fly-fishing on the Snake or riding ATVs in the National Forest are other excellent options. During winter, choose a guided snowmobile tour into the fabulous Teton back country or Yellowstone National Park. Our tours offer the opportunity to enjoy wildlife and scenery or powder and off trail riding. If snow machines are not for you, we also offer snowcoach tours into Yellowstone National Park.
British Virgin Islands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was one of the best experiences we've ever had, and we travel all over the world. Christian was our guide and he was as good as it gets. The office staff was great. We were picked up promptly when they said they would be here in a new big van. Then went for breakfast at their shop and were fitted with equipment and everything we needed to be toasty warm. They were even able to cater to my husbands gluten allergy, which is always a sign of a caring and considerate company. Drove to Yellowstone where we got on snowmobiles that looked brand new. We had such an awesome day. It was the highlight of our vacation. We are planning on coming back next year to do an over night trip with them. Cannot say enough good things!!

Visited March 2013
Allison W, Manager at Scenic Safaris, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Excellent! We're thrilled you had a great day with Christian. He's a huge asset to our team and has such a vast knowledge of the area and the Park. Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

Montgomery
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Terrific experience.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went with a tour group to Jackson Hole and one of our excursions was the snow coach to and through Yellowstone. (This was my first trip to this part of the country, and generally don't like cold weather, but the sights were so amazing that I hardly minded) Andy, our guide was great!.

We were picked up, in a van, at our hotel, given breakfast, made lunch selections (to be eaten later in Yellowstone) and driven to the snowcoach location. It is my understanding that the only way to view Yellowstone in the winter is by snowcoach (a large van fitted with what looks like tank treads instead of tires). Andy stopped at so many amazing sights, from marvelous views of the Grand Tetons, to waterfalls, to boiling mud-pits (and always offered to take pictures for everyone).

He also made many spontaneous stops, such as when he spotted a Bison grazing down the hill, and when he saw a female moose and her twin babies on the side of the road. This spontaneity was the order of the day and greatly appreciated. As an example, we were to have lunch before watching Old Faithful erupt--but when we missed it by a few minutes, it was no big deal. He took us into the yerk (sp?) (a big enclosed tent with a heater and picnic tables) and we had lunch and watched the next eruption of Old Faithful (which was another indescribable experience). After Old Faithful, we gathered back in the snowcoach for more sights of Yellowstone.

We left our hotel about 9AM and got back around 7:30 PM, but the day went by so quickly, and not once during this entire day, did I hear anyone complain about anything. I, personally, am so glad that I got to experience Yellowstone in the winter, via snowcoach.

When it comes to clothing, I highly recommend following the suggestion to dress in layers because you are in and out of the snowcoach--sometimes you will be warm, and sometimes cold. Also, make sure to get some "toe warmers" for your boots.

1 Thank Buttercup62
Allison W, Manager at Scenic Safaris, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for telling us about your excellent day in Yellowstone National Park! We are truly grateful to have Andy on board as a guide, and I'm glad you were able to experience the park with him.
NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Day”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

What an amazing day at Gros Ventre with our guide Chris Brylinski. This trip had it all!! Our group was so pleased from the sighting of a moose, Bald Eagle, Ram and a coyote with its kill to the lunch at the cabin. Never been so far from off the beaten path and yet felt so safe and lucky to have this experience!!

1 Thank KellisNC
Allison W, Manager at Scenic Safaris, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We're so happy you had a great day! The Gros Ventre is an amazing area, and I'm glad you were able to experience it with our head guide Chris.
Lexington, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing way to experience Yellowstone”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Let me first begin by saying the trip was amazing. This was our first trip to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, and our hotel concierge at The Teton Club set us up with this company. We picked the all day tour to Yellowstone. Having never been on a snowmobile or out in freezing conditions for 9 hours I was a bit nervous about getting cold. I was told by the concierge to dress in layers...It did help to get outfitted before the trip with appropriate clothing. I went with Smart wool base layers, fleece and some weather proof pants from Patagonia. Heavy wool socks a must along with neck gaitor, northface montana gloves and good weatherproof boots. These all turned out to be good choices. I never got any call or contact prior to the trip from SS, but maybe that is because I booked through the hotel concierge.

The company picked up and dropped off at our hotel. After pick up we were taken to their store to get outfitted with gear and were served breakfast. I really liked the breakfast...veggie and chorizo burritos along with muffins, oranges, juice and coffee. We were given all the gear we needed...snowsuit, helmet, boots and gloves if you needed, along with a cotton face shield / mask that I can't remember the name of that you wear under your helmet. Our trip included lunch and granola bar snack. Lunch included sandwiches that you order then pick up on your way to the park. Check in process went pretty smooth and soon we were on our way. Ben was our guide and he did a great job. The van ride was about an hour to Yellowstone, where you then go to Flagg Ranch and get on your snowmobile. The only drinks provided on tour was water at lunch, so we were encouraged to purchase drinks before we headed out. I also packed extra snacks that we didn't end up needing.

It was easy to learn how to run and navigate the machines. What could have been a disaster was luckily avoided. A few minutes into the trip my husband discovered the brakes were not working well at all and the smell of gas fumes had increased. Our guide switched out the machine and we had no other machine malfunctions on the tour. Our group was small..about 11, and most were comfortable with going somewhat fast...I think I averaged 45 mph. The only thing about this is that I was so focused on the road that I couldn't really look around, but this s to be expected as a beginner. We had several stops at points of interest and had lunch and warmed up in a lodge at Old Faithful area. Views were spectacular, and guide knowledgeable on area. Lunch turned out to be really good...cookies and chips from a local bakery. The only complaint is that after lunch it seemed that we missed a few good photo opportunities...there were a few spots that we seemed to pass by, but I also know that we were on a schedule and may not have had the time. I was also disappointed that we only saw a few wildlife...some white swan and a small herd of bison in the distance. Again, this is not anyone's fault because where the animals choose to be is out of our control. Overall, a great experience that I can mark off of my bucket list. Absolutely plan to do this again on next trip to JH!

2 Thank Lovestotravelnewmom
Springfield, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Two more great experiences!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We just returned from our annual winter trip to Jackson Hole. WE went snowmobiling to the Gros Ventre are and our guides were Wes and James (they were brothers). I know this is hard to believe but it can be verified; we saw 25 different moose (mostly bulls) on this trip. The day was -something (it was cold) but the trip was wonderful. We and James were so helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They knew we were there to see wildlife and we saw hundreds of elk, 25 moose, and bighorns. They kept a nice pace and stopped many times for photo opportunities. This was the best snowmobile trip I have ever taken regardless of the cold. We had the right gear and we stopped for lunch to warm up at a cabin and had wonderful sandwiches, warm drinks, and brownies.
The next trip we had with this company was a snowcoach trip to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. This is a rare trip because it is a long day of driving for the snowcoach driver and it is slightly more expensive. We requested the same guide we had last year on our snowcoach into Old Faithful. His name is Duane and he is fantastic.Duane is a Wyoming native and a great storyteller. We were with him for over 13 hours and he was friendly and upbeat the entire time. The snow coach is very comfortable van and the ride is smoother and quieter than other snowcoaches. On the way up we saw the sunrise on the top of the Tetons at OxBow Bend in Grand Teton National Park- Beautiful! At Lewis Lake Duane had us stop so we could see the sun rising on the mountains and low layer of clouds above the lake. He knew where every great picture taking opportunity was. Our first stop in Yellowstone was at Moose Falls. I have never seen these falls before and we walked down a short distance on shoveled path. When we arrived, the sun was breaking through the trees and I felt like we were in a painting. When we arrived at the canyon, we had the place to ourselves, which is a rare treat. We ate our lunch on an overlook of the falls with two very nosy ravens creeping closer and closer. On our way back, a ranger followed our coach into the gas station and told Duane that another company's snowcoach was stranded and asked if he would mind if we picked up the passengers until a relief coach could pick them up. Without hesitation we said yes. He dropped us off at a ranger warming station that had a wood-burning stove and was a roaring 80 degrees. We were at the West Thumb Geyser Basin. Again, we had the place to ourselves! It was great, the sun was lowering in the blue, clear sky and the steam was forming around the whole area with the sun peeking through and the mist was haunting and beautiful at the same time. A couple of the passengers that Duane picked up were less than grateful and did not seem to understand the courtesy he provided. He was gracious and polite and remained the consummate professional. I will never forget all three of my experiences. My husband and I work very hard and look forward to the two vacations a year we take out west. We pray every time that our money will be well spent. Scenic Safaris has not let us down yet. We booked the trip through alltrips.com and we are so happy we did!

Visited January 2013