“Ok, not great”

Motel 6 Jackson
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
“Ok, not great”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here, and yes it was clean, but my goodness I thought I was in a college dorm, or a show room for IKEA. It was so very small, no fridge or microwave, and cold hardwood floors, very hard bed that was uncomfortable. The staff was friendly.
It worked for what we needed we stayed a week and the size did get to us and the cold dorm accommodations made it hard to relax after long days in a great city.
I would stay here again if I was doing a day or two, but might think twice for a longer stay :0)

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Melbourne
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights, early September 2011.
We had room 211 at the top of the stairs. There is no lift.
Some elderly folk just seamed to drag their cases up and down at all hours, waking us up.
The location is close to shops and supermarket, gas station.
Big off road car park. Good guest laundry off the area reception.
We booked more than a month in advance and paid $94 per night for a non smoking
queen bed room.
About the only criticism was that the coffee in the foyer was warm at best.
Our room had a microwave and fridge.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the stairs.
Erlangen, Germany
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Everything was perfect. New renovated rooms, very clean, friendly staff. I can recomand this location.

gainesville, fl
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have to say I was impressed with this motel, the rooms are super clean and newly remodeled in a trendy, contemporary theme. This is a no frills places though, so don't expect a fridge, hairdryer, etc. It's a great price though, especially compared with average prices in Jackson. The cons were that the room itself is small and the shower kinda blows, it's a stand-up shower and I'm a small gal and had trouble turning around in it. So probably not the best option for a week long stay or a big family but if you're just looking for an affordable place to spend a night or two in Jackson this is definitely your best option.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Glenelg, Maryland
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This Motel 6 is a really good value in a town where lodging is pricey. We had the basic room - one queen bed. A flat screen TV with lots of channels was a nice amenity, however, that was just about the only amenity. There was no clock, no shampoo, no coffeemaker, no MW or fridge, no kleenex, no pen or notepaper. Wifi costs an additonal $3 a day and you'll have to get a hairdryer from the front desk. The room super clean, newly remodeled and looks like an Ikea bedroom done in tan, brown and orange laminate. Flooring is vinyl All very clean and efficient. I liked the shelves on the wall for storage instead of a dresser - easy to be sure you don't leave anything behind. The bathroom was really big. I like that the HVAC has a fan setting that runs continuously to help with sleeping. Plenty of parking and the clientele was mostly retired folks and families. The location is at the quieter, south end of town, near a KMart, Subway, and McDonald's (which opens at 5am and has wi-fi). There's a very pretty center court area with a pool and nice landscaping with wildlife statues. A sign in the lobby says that they're going smoke-free on Oct 1, 2011. Adjacent to the lobby is a room with coin-op washer and dryer, a microwave and a vending machine. Coffee is in the main lobby, which is locked from 11pm to 6am although there's staff there 24 hours a day through a pass-through for checking in or out. I'd probably stay here again, but I'd go for the extra few bucks to get a room with a microwave and fridge. Also, try to stay away from rooms at the corners since the outside metal stairs can be noisy and the lights are bright.

Room Tip: Go for the extra few dollars to get a microwave and fridge. Try to get a room away from the corners...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I arrived into Jackson Hole late in the evening and because I was unsure of where I was going, I decided to stay one night in Jackson Hole so I didn't have to drive at night. Based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor, I decided to stay here because I didn't want to spend a lot of money just to sleep before I moved to the resort the next day. A very good decision. The room was basic, but very clean and updated. It was not creepy at all as many motels tend to be. No disgusting carpet or "mysteriously" dark furnishings. It had hardwood laminate flooring and newer decor. I was able to walk to dinner, have a quiet sleep, and leave the next day without any traumatic scars from a gross motel room. The management has gotten it right: a basic, very clean room at a low price. It worked well for what it was intended for.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Indiana
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I wasn't very happy when I starting looks for hotels for my first stay in Jackson. All of the hotels were either very pricey or had no vacancy. I stumbled on the Motel 6 and it had mixed reviews, so I had my hesitations.

I booked a non-smoking room with two beds. The check-on was quick and the gentleman at the desk was very nice. The room was tiny, no room on the outside of the beds to walk or anything and maybe 12 inches between the two beds. There was a desk, flat screen, fridge, and microwave. It was all cramped into a very small square room.

The bathroom on the other hand was quite spacious. The first room had a sink and a lot of shelving and a place to sit one of our large suitcases. The second area where the toilet and shower were had a fold out rack for our other bag. Even after that, there was still plenty of room to move around and get dressed (which is good, because the room itself doesn't offer much room to do that.) There was a stand up shower that was also very clean.

I was slightly put off by the tiny room but the bathroom made up for it. The rate was very decent and I would stay again. I might rethink the room if it was more than just me and my husband though. I also really like the modern updates...color blocking, laminate floors, platform beds, it was a nice change of scenery to regular chain motels.