“Great Day on the Snake River”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Snake River Angler

Snake River Angler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snake River Angler is a full-service Fly Fishing Shop and Guide Service based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We have two locations one is next to town square in down town Jackson. The other is in the heart of Grand Teton National Park in Moose. We offer guided fishing trips from beginners to experts. With a half day and full day options we can customize your trip into the experience of a lifetime.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Day on the Snake River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked a full day fly fishing trip for two through jackdennisfishingtrips.com, which works out of the Grand Teton Fly Fishing Shop, 225 Broadway, Jackson Hole. Our guide, Johnny, was waiting for us when we arrived, and we followed him to the end point of the trip, then got in his truck, and we drove up to the starting point, where he launched the boat. We floated down the river after he gave us instructions and advice. Fortunately, we were blessed with a gorgeous day, I wanted to take pictures, and lost a couple of trout because I was paying attention to the camera, and not the fly rod, got a few trout anyway. Johnny had packed a lunch and selected a prime spot to stop and eat. Saw osprey, eagle, and a moose. Trip was pricey, but was the highlight of my week in Jackson.

Visited August 2013

Ambler, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fly fishing fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Brandon and Hunter were our guides and they were great. We floated with Brandon and our sons were with Hunter. Brandon was patient and helpful-we really had a wonderful experience with him. The Snake River is beautiful and we would recommend doing a fly-fishing trip. The only down-side is that it is an expensive activity. $900 for 2 boats and 2 guides. We were disappointed in that we were then charged for licenses($14 each) and the acual flies for the fishing($50!!!) We felt that this charges should have been part of what was an already pricey venture. And we didn't know about the licenses and bait until we were in the shop and ready to head out to the river. Not a comfortable position to be put in. No one informed us of this...we would gladly hire Brandon again to take us out in his boat and pay him directly-he used his own tackle anyway. We hardly used $10 of what we bought in the shop...

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jrzeegrl327
Alexandria, Louisiana
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fantastic float trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I booked a float trip from Moose to Wilson. We ended up being the only 2 in the boat along with the guide Daniel. The float was fantastic seeing moose, elk, eagles, osprey, river otter, and ducks and geese. The icing on the cake was Daniel, our float guide. My wife and I were totally impressed by this young man.....an adventure guy having moved from SC. He spoke of his mom and dad and his up-bringing. We discussed many subjects and this guy has his head screwed on straight.....his parents would be proud......a rare jewel to encounter these days at the age of 25. I trust SRA appreciate the potential in this guy as well as the local hotel where he also works.....imagine that...holding down 2 jobs in an ever increasing society of expecting entitlements! We highly recommend SRA and request Daniel.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank David_2013834
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Snake River rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Two couples went out on a fly fish guided float trip in May. The weather was lousy, it hailed on us, but the trip was awesome anyway. Lucas and Joe were our guides and both were super nice and knowledgable. We chose to have them pick us up at our hotel since we weren't familiar with the area. I recommend meeting the guides at the shop to get the fishing licenses instead of getting picked up. It was convenient but my husband who loves to fish thought we could have had more time on the water if we met at the shop. People have commented on the cost for the flies and leaders, but we didn't think it was excessive. If you don't want to spend a lot, let them know. The lunch provided was tasty. Lucas took us on a short hike at lunch and pointed out some elk. We saw bald eagles and marmots. Three of us caught fish which was great on such a challenging day. Lucas gave us lots of pointers on where to aim, what to look for and other fishing tips that we will use on many other trips. Highly recommended experience.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank BootsNWasabi
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ben Miller is your Guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hi folks, I inadvertently posted the wrong name to Ben's review dated November 2012, I want to correct this error now and give credit where credit is due.

We visited in July, Ben Miller was one of the best guides I've fished with in 20 years of slinging flies. This kid was enthusiastic, hard working and so positive and instructional with my 16 year old son. We caught beautiful Fine Spotted Cutts all day, Ben was able to demonstrate his knowledge of the area, flora, and fauna including a mama moose and her baby.......I'm not sure he was responsible for the moose showing up but his enthusiasm for the wildlife was inspiring. Ben obviously loves what he does.....who wouldn't

Everything from the fly shop was as promised and on time, except our return time...because Ben had us fishing our tails off until the last minute possible.

I would recommend SRA and particularly Ben Miller. Take your kids out and fish with him, you won't regret it.

Chris Froboese