“I've never had a burger like this before.”
Review of MacPhail's Burgers

MacPhail's Burgers
Ranked #2 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Thank you to all our wonderful guests - We are now closed for the "Off Season". We will re-open for the "Ski Season" Friday December 8th. Enjoy the beautiful fall. Bruce & Dawn
Reviewed June 29, 2014

After a long day of sight seeing at the Grand Teton's, we were so fortunate to have found this gem. Excellent food, great staff and just a wonderful all around experience. I am sure everything on the menu is great, but you really can't go wrong with a burger here. My husband and I both ordered the All Jacked Up. This burger was cooked to perfection and all of the components of the burger were simply awesome. The fresh cut fries were the best I've ever had. My only complaint.....this restaurant does not exist in Arizona. Keep up the superb work, MacPhail's.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Rose V,
Wow - we (my wife, son and I) are humbled by your wonderful comments. Truly, your kind words warm our hearts!!

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Piles of fries and big burgers. Ave. 15 dollars. Get sweet potato fries. Only need salt and pepper on the burgers

pets3000,
Thank you for coming into MacPhail's and enjoying our burger meal - Fresh ground certified Angus beef (grass feed), Fresh baked buns (locally) and Fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes, not yams).

You're right - our certified Angus beef only needs a little seasoning to enhance the flavor - while we are grinding the beef in the back of our kitchen, we do add slight amounts of seasoning to do just that.

Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had just arrived in Jackson and we're looking for a quick dinner. We walked across the street from our hotel and found MacPhail's....the place didn't seem too busy (we have a family of 6 which sometimes makes it hard to squeeze into a restaurant at dinner time) so we decided to give it a try. The restaurant seems fairly new and was was very nicely decorated, clean and we'll maintained. They wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The food, which consists of mainly burgers, was very, very good. The burgers were also served with some of the best fries we've ever had along with a pickle which is so big that it borders on the obscene! The only complaint we have about the place was that it was a little pricey....with tip, our family of six topped out at over $100 for dinner. I'd definitely go again, but maybe next time we share - the portions are that big!

Rob B,
We (my wife, son and I) are so glad that you and your party of six walked across the street to join us at MacPhail's. We try very hard to serve the highest quality and best burger meal - Fresh ground certified Angus beef (grass feed), Fresh baked buns (locally baked) and Fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes, not yams).

We also include homemade dipping sauce for the fries, a 1/2 kosher deli dill pickle, lettuce, tomato, onion and your choice of many topping (7 cheeses, sautéed mushrooms, onions and peppers, bacon and jalapeños) all for one price - we do not believe in" nickel and diming" our guests - or advertising one price and by the time you are done ordering your burger the way you want it, the price is significantly higher.

Please come back and visit us again - sharing a burger meal with us is perfectly fine.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My son and his girlfriend shared a superb 8oz Filet Mignon and my wife and I shared a 14oz Ribeye. When Bruce the owner asked if the meal was to our liking, I reluctantly commented that the FM was much better because there was only about 6oz of meat on the Ribeye and about 8oz of fat and while the steak was good flavour the fat content was very high - even for ribeye. About 5 seconds later I was eating a lovely filet steak which Bruce had been about to eat as his own meal at the end of a busy day. Truly a magnificent response to a mild negative customer comment. This restaurateur clearly cares a lot about customer satisfaction - you can't beat that! The salads were also first rate and a bonus was the very easy parking in a popular resort.

Radio 3,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the steak - as I mentioned, when you come into MacPhail's (named after my grand mother - Agnus MacPhail) we (my wife, son and I) truly want our guests to feel like they are coming into our personal home. Thus you wanted more steak in light of your feedback - I could not have been happier to give you more.

Thank you for coming in and please come back and see us again.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and great to talk with. Burgers were great especially the buffalo burger and the fry sauce was tasty.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Jeff B,
What a pleasure to serve you. We (my wife, son and I) are thrill that you enjoyed the Buffalo burger meal. It took us a year to find 100% buffalo meat (cross breading of buffalo with heifer cows is more common than you may think).

Please come back and visit us again.