“Magnificent response to customer feedback”
Review of MacPhail's Burgers

MacPhail's Burgers
Ranked #2 of 157 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Established in 2011. MacPhail's...a family restaurant that serves the best burgers, fries and milk shakes (and a good, cold, locally-brewed beer) anywhere! Awarded America's 10 Most Delectable Burger Joints (TripAdvisor July 2015). Premium Angus beef(USDA Certified) fresh ground daily. Optimal burger bun custom baked to hold a juicy burger. Fries (Idaho's best & real sweet potatoes) fresh cut daily. We offer a clean, friendly environment that we hope makes you feel right at home. Visit after visit, the food is consistently delicious and the service impeccable. MacPhail's is a place we hope you'll want to tell all your friends about. Dine-In or Call For To-Go Orders 307-733-8744. Located at 399 West Broadway. Owner & operated.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My son and his girlfriend shared a superb 8oz Filet Mignon and my wife and I shared a 14oz Ribeye. When Bruce the owner asked if the meal was to our liking, I reluctantly commented that the FM was much better because there was only about 6oz of meat on the Ribeye and about 8oz of fat and while the steak was good flavour the fat content was very high - even for ribeye. About 5 seconds later I was eating a lovely filet steak which Bruce had been about to eat as his own meal at the end of a busy day. Truly a magnificent response to a mild negative customer comment. This restaurateur clearly cares a lot about customer satisfaction - you can't beat that! The salads were also first rate and a bonus was the very easy parking in a popular resort.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Radio 3,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the steak - as I mentioned, when you come into MacPhail's (named after my grand mother - Agnus MacPhail) we (my wife, son and I) truly want our guests to feel like they are coming into our personal home. Thus you wanted more steak in light of your feedback - I could not have been happier to give you more.

Thank you for coming in and please come back and see us again.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and great to talk with. Burgers were great especially the buffalo burger and the fry sauce was tasty.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Jeff B,
What a pleasure to serve you. We (my wife, son and I) are thrill that you enjoyed the Buffalo burger meal. It took us a year to find 100% buffalo meat (cross breading of buffalo with heifer cows is more common than you may think).

Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We ate at MacPail's while on vacation in Jackson Hole last week. We love a good burger, but we were a little disappointed in our meal. They specialize in burgers and fries -- it's the only thing on the menu. It's a cute little restaurant, which is nicely decorated. We couldn't have asked for better service, but the burgers just didn't live up to the hype. They were also overpriced, in my opinion. I think $15 for a hamburger is a bit high, even in a resort town. They just didn't seem to have much flavor. You do get a heaping pile of fries. I had the sweet potato fries and the rest of my family had regular fries. They were both good. The owner was there and he was great. He greeted the locals and the tourists and visited at all the tables. He went out of his way to give us a map with his recommendations of things to do and places to eat in Jackson Hole. We appreciated his time and his suggestions.

rbwildcat,
We're sorry that you and your family did not enjoy your burger meal - we provide the highest and best ingredients available on the market - fresh ground certified Angus beef (grass feed and regionally ranged), fresh baked buns (that I personally designed with a local baker to hold a juicy burger) and fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes, not yams). Accompanied with the burger meal you get homemade dipping sauce for the fries, half (not a quarter) kosher deli dill pickle, lettuce, tomato, onion and your choice of topping, including: 7 cheeses, sautéed mushrooms, onions and peppers, bacon and jalapeños). We offer two size burgers, a half and a third of a pound to meet the varying appetites and cost parameters.

Seasoning food is a tricky business - we add a very slight amount seasonings to our beef to enhance the flavor but still allow the delicious taste of our ground fresh certified Angus beef to come through. For those who want more seasoning we offer a wide variety of condiments (two mustards, ketchup, A1, Tobacco, vinegar, salt & pepper, garlic and horseradish).

We're also sorry that the server didn't make you more aware of all our offerings beyond our Angus burger, which are: Buffalo burger, Cheese Steaks (slice rib eye & chicken) fresh chicken sandwich, salads (with all the fixing and grilled chicken), certified Angus steaks (filet mignon, NY Strip, Bone-in rib eye and London broil), wild caught Alaskan Salmon, Veggie sandwich (for our vegan lovers) and Zweigle's famous hot dogs (that we ship in from Rochester, NY).

Thank you for your feed.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got into town and were looking for some local food. We were very impressed with our meal. The burgers were huge and the meat was very fresh. Homemade buns and fresh cut fries rounded out the delicious meal. Our server was GREAT about giving us ideas about things to do while in town. He brought out a city map and circled attractions and other restaurants for us to try. He was super helpful. We had a great experience here and would recommend this restaurant!

Alicia Z,
We (my wife, son and I) are so glad that you and your husband stopped in and enjoyed our burger meal - fresh ground certified Angus (grass feed and regionally ranged), fresh baked buns (that i personally designed with a local baked to hold a juicy burger) and fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes).

We are happy that our suggestions on what to do and see in Jackson were helpful - Jackson Hole is a beautiful and magical place.

Please come back and visit with us again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Overnighted in Jackson Hole and craved a burger and beer. Stopped in and was awed. This is a place where they take burgers seriously - from the fresh ground angus beef to perfectly aged white cheddar to a custom made bun. Add some sweet potato fries and a local craft beer and you have all the makings of a perfect meal.

ADGUY212,
We (my wife, son and I) are thrilled that you stopped in on your overnight stay in Jackson. It warms our hearts that you recognized how serious we are about our burger meal - fresh ground certified Angus beef (ground daily in our back kitchen), fresh baked buns (baked locally) and fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes).

We hope you'll come back when you're passing through again.