“Great Burgers and Fries!” 5 of 5 bubbles

MacPhail's Burgers
Ranked #2 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Burgers and Fries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

MacPhail's is a gem in Jackson. They have one of the best burgers I've eaten and the fresh cut fries are awesome! You can't go wrong choosing to eat here...Service was great, staff was friendly and prices are good. Thanks MacPhail's!

1 Thank Outkast217
Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Outkast217,
Thank you for your very kind words - it means the world to us (my wife, daughter and I) and it warms our hearts.

Thank you!!

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service and Burgers at their best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My Son & I are from Australia and were meant to go to Yellowstone recently, but with the shutdown we decided to stay in Jackson and make the most of it. Well the decision turned out to be a very wise one & apart from this beautiful location, we found MacPhail's Burgers on TripAdvisor. The experience started with Bruce recommending us to make ourselves more comfortable at a bigger table and in case we wanted to watch the game. Bruce had such passion, he made sure he talked to everyone that came in and made them feel like at home. The food also matched his passion and I would go back to Jackson just to dine there. I am in the IT industry and service is paramount and this was the epitome of great service.
Glenn & Tristan

Glenn, Tristan,
We (my wife, daughter and I) are so glad that you stopped into MacPhail's Burgers. We are very proud of our burgers and fries - 100% grass feed certified Angus beef (ground fresh locally & daily), fresh baked buns (daily & locally) and fresh cut fries (Idaho & real sweet potatoes). We're thrilled that you enjoyed your meal with us - we try very hard to make it a "feel like you are at home" experience.

Nothing broke our hearts more than our beautiful parks (Yellowstone & Grand Teton National) being shut down for all our Jackson Hole guests - the very least we could do was try to help ease the pain with some northwestern hospitality.

Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and visit us again.
Gillette, Wyoming
“Great Potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us. Our first impression when walking in the door was "This is going to be Good". This is possibly one of the cleanest restaurants I've ever been in. It smelled Great! The waitress took our order, and all was good. There were four people in our party. Three burgers and a salad. The salad was Fabulous! Now for the hamburgers... We ordered one cooked Medium, and two were ordered Medium Well. My husband ordered his Medium. He cut into his hamburger and the bun was soaked in red. My Mother and I ordered our hamburgers Medium Well and they were delivered with a "Medium Well" stick in it. When we cut our burgers in half, they were completely pink throughout. I would consider them rare. I asked the waitress in a nice manor if she could cook them a little more even if it was just to put them into the microwave. She informed me that Medium Well was pink in the middle and she went over that with us at the table when we ordered. Note: She did not do that and that is the first time in my life that I have ever heard that Medium Well meant that something was going to be served to me almost uncooked. She did agree to have two of the hamburgers cooked some more. When we got them, we did eat them and they were wonderful. I guess my largest complaint here was the waitress's attitude and if you are going to eat here make sure that your definition of how you expect the meat to be cooked is the same as theirs. Had the waitress said something to the effect of, "Sure I would be happy to cook the hamburgers some more" instead of rep-remanding me for ordering wrong, I would be giving this restaurant a Great review.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Muse 333,
Thank you so much for coming into MacPhail's. I'm very happy that you found our place to be so clean (we clean the entire restaurant after we close and again in the morning before we open to ensure that we didn't miss anything from the night before - a double cleaning - thank you for noticing) and that you enjoyed our salad (which is a wonderful combination of spinach, green leaf, iceberg lettuces [delivering - nutrition, color, crunch], beef steak tomatoes, cumbers, black olives [your usual salad suspects] - and topped with dried cranberries, walnuts, crumble blue & feta cheeses [which makes for a delicious salad]) and the burger meal - 100% certified Angus beef (grass feed, regionally ranged cattle - ground fresh locally & daily), fresh baked buns (by a local baker & daily) and fresh cut fries (Idaho & real sweet potatoes).

I'm truly sorry for the service blunder - you are absolutely right regarding cooking your burger - the response should have been, as you stated "Sure I would be happy to cook the hamburgers some more". We train our servers to to be 100% service oriented - obviously that did not happen in your case. The truth is that we have our beef ground fresh daily and locally (never frozen) so that our guests can order the burger cooked anyway they want them without a fear of ecoli. So you can imagine after going to such great lengths to offer a fresh ground certified Angus burger how upsetting it is to me when a very simple request is not easily taken care of.

Again, I'm sorry for the unnecessary situation that you and your party encountered. I hope that you will come back again and give us another try - I can personally assure you that your burger(s) will be cooked exactly as you want them - easily and without attitude.
New Haven
“Wow!! What a burger !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I happened upon MacPhail's just by accident. What luck and what a find. The burgers were thick and juicy and the fries were wonderful. As an added feature, the owner and his daughter are the friendliest, most helful and most accomodating people you will ever meet. The owner brought out a map of Jackson and told us about all the acivities and sights to see. He even told us of some good restaurants that were in competition with his business. Eating at MacPhail's was one of the best experiences of my trip to Jackson. Don't miss it!!

Visited October 2013
Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Chuck52310,
We (my wife, daughter and I) are so glad that you happened into MacPhail's. We love that you enjoyed our Certified Angus beef burger (ground fresh daily and by a local butcher), fresh baked buns (baked daily and by a local baker) and fresh cut fries (cut daily - Idaho and sweet potatoes).

With every guest that's interested, we try to make their stay in Jackson Hole as wonderful as possible. There are many beautiful sites to see and activities to do in the town of Jackson and the surrounding area. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible burger meal experience that money can buy (food, ambience and service) and also help you to understand all that Jackson Hole has to offer (parks, rivers, mountains, hotels, restaurants, stores and activities) - Why? - because we want you to have a great time so that you will want to come back and visit Jackson Hole again (and maybe tell your friends and/or even bring your friends with you when you come back).

Thank you for your kind words - when you come back, please visit us again.
Jackson, Wyoming, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Choice for a Burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent food!! Friendly staff, usually have lunch here once a week!! Would definitely recommend!!!

Visited October 2013
Mitchel S,
We (Dawn, Taylor and I) love seeing you each week. It warms our hearts that you as a long time resident and business person in Jackson Hole enjoy our Certified Angus beef burgers (ground fresh daily), fresh baked buns (baked fresh daily) and fresh cut fries (Idaho and sweet potatoes).

Thank you for your recommendation!!