“Pretty crappy experience-Snowmobile rental.”

Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals
Midvale, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty crappy experience-Snowmobile rental.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First I would like to start this review with how good this company USED to be.
I have rented 10 sleds for a weekend over the last few years from these guys.
Previous experiences were good.
I will say that they do include gear with sled rentals which is cool and a trailer if you rent multiple sleds.
I used to get multi-sled discounts, they stopped offering that this year which saddened me.

I reserved my sleds with half the money down months in advance like normal.
I get a phone call a few days before the trip saying that they were switching around our sleds and couldn't upgrade us or anything for the inconvenience. Fine whatever..

We put about 100-150 miles on them over the weekend of just chill trail riding.
Machines ran great other than a couple of them had pieces of plastic falling of them from not being bolted on correctly.

We returned our machines with no accidents, everyone had fun and did not wreck.
We checked them in and the two employees that checked them in inspected the sleds very carefully, we pointed out everything including the plastic pieces. There was no major or even minor damage. We signed our paperwork, got our security deposit and credit card authorization forms back. They told us they shredded our card numbers (which was a lie).

Along the way home I get a phone call stating that one of my sleds had front end damage including the front bumper and exhaust that is under the hood (hood not damaged I guess?).
They asked us to come back and pay for the damage. We disputed these allegations so they said they would handle it. I asked to see the sled the next day and they said they had already repaired it and rented it out. They claim they had overnighted the parts from 8pm Saturday night and it was rented out Sunday morning (pretty fast UPS service I guess).
We began our journey home a day late about 5 hours south and went to fill the fuel tank on our truck and got a declined bank card. We found that Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals had authorized multiple transactions and drained our bank account. -$500 and -$350 which left us in the negative and unable to use any of our funds.

I spoke with them about this and they told us that there was nothing that could be done they had already charged our account and all the correct charges would clear for the parts that were damaged.

Here I am sitting at home accepting what had happened when MORE charges hit my account.
I am going to have to call the bank and find out for sure but it looks like another -$500 and another -$350 have been removed from my account after depositing money to correct the negative balance.

I will get this figured out but man what a huge hassle it has been. Especially when someone claims they have shredded your bank card information after a successful undamaged signed in return. And then they just charge a whole bunch of random funds.
I am extremely disappointed and will probably get my ten sleds elsewhere next year. $2,500 a weekend will go to another company that doesnt charge thousands for a $50 front bumper..

1 Thank Dansmithslc
jhadventurerentals, Manager at Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We do realize there are two sides to every story, and we are always happy and willing to address valid issues when they arise. That being said, the internet does not give you an anonymous opportunity to slander a small company like ours because you are upset about being charged for damage. So let me set out the facts of this rental, so that other customers will have the opportunity to see both sides for themselves.

We have had the privilege of renting sleds to your group for the past few years, and obviously we have provided excellent service for you to have returned to us so many times. We appreciate repeat customers and bend over backwards to help them in every way we can, that is why we did not charge you any late fees even though our entire staff waited 2 1/2 hours after close for your group to return. We also made sure that your rental went out with exactly the sleds you requested, even though we had thought we might need to switch one sled out to an equivalent sled due to damage. Since you expressed your reluctance to switch brands, our mechanic worked late the day before your rental to make sure your preferred sled was available. I do find it hard to believe that you rented 10 powder sleds (600's and 800's) for two days to do some "chill trail riding", but if you say it's true what can I say? Unfortunately there was a small amount of damage on one of the snowmobiles, which we immediately notified you of. We also authorized the card you had put down in case of damages, which is something we review with everyone before they rent from us. We only authorized your card for $350, knowing that the damage would come to less than that. The issue of having the funds held twice would be one to address with your bank, we did not hold anything other than the $350. We also did not send this charge through an additional time, perhaps this is a misunderstanding between you and your bank? It is upsetting and insulting for you to post online, obviously with the intention of turning business away from our company, that we charged you thousands for a front bumper. You know as well as I do that you are posting something that is false.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best in town!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

What an amazing experience! JHAR made my family's visit to Jackson Hole a memorable one. Their office staff is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. We were comfortably outfitted with clean helmets and goggles (they have jackets, pants and gloves for use- we didn't need them, but they appeared to be high quality) and sent out to the parking area where we were debriefed on the operation of the sleds. The gentleman who assisted us was thorough in his explanation and patient with our inexperienced group's (endless) questions. The sleds were in excellent condition and were perfect for our group's abilities and the plans we had for the day. Returning the equipment was a simple and uncomplicated process, which we appreciated after a long day riding. We will definitely rent from JHAR again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“If you need to rent snowmobiles, rent here!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to Jackson Hole for many years and usually rent from togwotee but called just to see what they had to offer. Glad I did, first off the prices were about 25-30% less for the exact same machines. Went rented 3 machines and they were completely awesome! We also rented a 4 wheel SUV to pull trailer ($50). The people working here were very nice and accommodating and polite. The only issue was after check in I received a call saying one of the machines had some damage. Chris was polite and ask if we had any issues, we did not, but instead of sounding accusatory he was simply very nice and professional. I will be renting here from here on out.

Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great customer service and flexible”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have a family tradition on its fifth year of skiing at Jackson Hole every other day and renting snowmobiles from JH Adventure rentals. We are loyal to JH Rentals for our sleds. We figured out we have rented a total of 60 days of snowmobiles from the shop and not one mechanical issue. The equipment is highly maintained. The customer service is excellent: we arrive a few minutes early or return a few minutes late and are always politely greeted and accommodated..

JH Adventure is clearly a well managed organization which does not use a normal rental center approach. They show the equipment, have the equipment ready when we arrive and most of all respect we are on holiday and make the experience fun. We even stole a piece of cake from the counter while petting the office guard dog.

They cannot make it snow or clear the trails, but they take care of making our experience positive from the equipment perspective in a snowmobiling region utterly fantastic.

We call them prior to our trip and make arrangements - it has worked out very well for us.

Visited January 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Great company!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

What could be better than a winter vacation in Jackson Hole, trading off skiing days with snowmobiling?! My family has been renting snowmobiles from JHAR for five years now. We keep coming back because the owner and staff are great to work with. The machines are always in great working order, ready and loaded for us when we arrive to pick them up. The prices are affordable, staff are easygoing and friendly, and we've had an overall great experience with this company. Definitely recommended!

Visited January 2014