“Dishonest and Cheaters”

Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I rented an ATV from them. It was old and in poor shape and I was told "It may not look like much, but it will ride". I was also told they were planning to sell it in a few weeks. When I returned it, they seemed to think there was new damage and are trying to charge me over $900 for it. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. THEY ARE DISHONEST.

5  Thank reviewer11112
jhadventurerentals, Manager at Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate the opportunity to address issues when they arise for our customers. When you returned your ATV we immediately noticed that there was new damage, which you acknowledged and signed for. We even went over it several times to make sure you were clear on what damage you were responsible for. Judging by the mud, grass and rocks that we noticed on the top of the machines we asked if it had been in a rollover which you reluctantly admitted to. Given the severity of the damage we were relieved that you and your companion were not injured in the accident. I know that the cost of repairing the machines was a surprise to you, but unfortunately the damage you did to the machine was substantial and that was what it took to bring it back into usable condition. We have sent you a detailed invoice of what parts and labor were involved in repairing this machine, and are always available should you have any questions for us.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We rented in the Summer, a big SUV to go to Yellowstone. They were friendly, and even drove us back to the airport. The car wasn't "super new", but it worked just great for our trip. And, the cost savings was a bigger plus then it having about 25,000 miles on it.

We rented in the Winter, a mediium SUV to go around town & skiing over at Targhee. Again, very friendly and helpful staff. The car was gently used, and perfect for our trip. The cost savings was great.

Then, we rented a 2 snowmobiles. We got a brand new one. They threw in the tow vehicle (a HUGE SUV), and sent us on to Granite Hot Springs. Being from Florida and never towed or drove a snowmobile, we were in for a solo adventure. But, we did it just fine. We unloaded and loaded the snowmobiles, learned to drive them, drove to the hot springs, and it was the highlight of our trip. I did get a snowmobile stuck, taking it off the groomed snow road near the end of the trail. As promised, there were friendly other snowmobilers who bailed us out. That was all part of the fun. There is no cell phone service back in Granite Springs. So, if I did it again, I wouldn't venture off the track. Even, if it's a flat plane. The snow is very dry and powdery, and snowmobiles tend to sink at lower speeds.

Oh, they supply all the snowmobile clothing gear. You'll need that. Snowmobiles had heated seats and hand controls, too!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We rented a Razor for 8 hours and were thrilled that this company also provided the use of a trailer and vehicle to tow it to the trail heads. The staff was able to make a recommendation for our interests and skill level and the experience was amazing! We parked at Slide Lake, rode to the top of Gun Sight mountain where we enjoyed our picnic lunch while overlooking the valley below....we continued on to do the Dallas loop which ended with a challenging and adventurous crossing of a creek. The trails were well marked which was very impressive and the equipment we rented was dependable and rugged. This was a very nice place to do business with!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was looking for a great ATV experience - on a mountain away from the crowds without a bunch of tourists and other ATVs everywhere. Didn't want to waste an hour on paperwork and safety instructions. That's exactly what I got with Adventure Rentals. They were extremely kind and helpful. The price was amazingly fair. Basically they had us grab helmets, sign a few quick things and were handed the keys to one of their trucks with the ATV on a trailer and given directions on how to get to the trails. Once there - we owned the mountain. There was literally no one else around for miles the entire day. The trails varied from wide and flat to extremely narrow, steep and rocky (awesome!) and they were long enough and varied enough that you didn't feel you were doing the same stuff over and over - but short enough that you could figure out where you were and link around the mountain easy enough. The scenery changed from lush forest trails to mountain top vistas of the Tetons. They were extremely easy to work with even stayed late for us when we lost our cooler (which contained our keys) on the mountain and had to go find it resulting in us returning later than we were supposed to. I would absolutely use them again every and any time I'm there and highly recommend them to anyone. Their equipment is in great shape and modern too. I had my 7 year old riding on the back with me the whole time and we had a blast.

1  Thank Berryphotos
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked an ATV outing with Adventure Rentals. When we arrived we filled out our paper work, got our helmets and goggles, then piled in the van for a 40 minute drive to Shadow Mountain. Dino was our guide and he was amazing! He is extremely knowledgable about Jackson, the Tetons, Yellowstone and the surrounding area. He gave us all instructions on how to ride our ATV's as well as safety instrustions and we were off! We stopped at several spots to take pictures. The views were absolutely phenominal!! We stopped and had a nice lunch (sandwiches, chips, cookies and water) provided by Adventure Rentals. Afterward we headed back down the mountain on a different trail. Dino loaded our machines back on the trailer and we were on our way back to town. We were covered in dust and loved every minute of it. I HIGHLY recommend Adventure Rentals and Dino!