“Loved It”
Review of Pony Express Motel

Pony Express Motel
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were on a motorcycle. Managers were great and very accomadating. We were very glad we picked this place. Would reccommend it to anyone. If you are looking for a great place to stay don't hesesitate to call them. If you have any questions just ask they will help in any way they can. We would definilty stay with them again.

Room Tip: just call them and they will take great care of you
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2011

After traveling for a week we found ourselves in Jackson. I made reservations online before leaving and this motel had the best price and ratings so this is where we landed. I didn't know what we were in for except that there would be a bunk bed for my nephew (which he thought was the coolest thing ever).

We arrived to Jackson late and were having trouble finding the hotel (my navigator messed up somehow -- probably user error) and just as we pulled over to figure out where to go the motel called us to verify if we were still coming. The timing was perfect and they gave excellent directions to get us there. (Very impressive, they used landmarks instead of street names which is a huge help when you're traveling.) When we arrived at the hotel there was a small mix-up in our reservation (made on an online site) but the staff was able to get everything straightened out and make sure everyone was happy.

This was the first hotel that the staff made sure we had eaten and asked if we needed recommendations on restaurants or things to do. They gave us a great map and other information about the area. When we were leaving (unfortunately we were on in town for one night) they even gave recommendations on the best route to take to our next destination.

The motel is an older construction but it was extremely well maintained and clean. The bathroom is a little small but very clean. The sink was outside the shower/toilet room which is a HUGE plus for me, especially when traveling with others. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room which is always convenient. We didn't get to use the pool but did walk by it and it was very clean and nice looking. The room is very spacious.

The motel is located at the edge of town and on a main street. Surprisingly I found the room quiet at night (I expected to hear more street noise). It is located in the same driveway as a gas station and across from a shopping center with a grocery store. It's a very short drive to downtown. Unless you like the busy nightlife I think this is the perfect location for this town.

I will definitely visit Jackson again when I have time to actually spend here and will definitely stay at this motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

As anyone who has been to Jackson knows, it's difficult finding affordable and comfortable lodging. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided to go with Pony Express. Our family could not have been more pleased. The motel is clean and well kept. The beds are very comfortable. The owners are wonderful. They take such pride in their motel and were very nice to us. They were kind enough to keep our bags while we backpacked in the Tetons for three days. My daughters loved the pool and Buddy, the dog, as well. Pony Express is right across the street from the free shuttle bus that drives through Jackson, too. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

While the Pony Express was not luxurious by any stretch, it was one of the least expensive motels in town and offered a good-sized clean room with plenty of amenities, including a small refrigerator, microwave, free WiFi, cable TV, and bedding for 4 adults. The room's queen-sized bed was very comfortable. The hotel also has a small pool, which we didn't have time to use. The managers are very friendly and incredibly helpful. They provided excellent tips on things to do in the area and even made reservations for us at the activities we selected. We would definitely stay there again.

What I didn't like about it was the hotel's location in a busy intersection. There was a lot of road noise, which was not a problem when we kept the windows closed, but was a nuisance when they were open. Because West Broadway is so busy, it can be difficult to turn left into the hotel's driveway when coming from the south.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ACW30
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Our experience was exactly consistent with previous review; clean, very friendly, and excellent service. One of the owners arranged a rafting trip for us that was top-notch, we consistently felt like anything we needed would be taken care of. The hotel is only a few minute walk to the town and there is a convenience store within one minute. One of the best experiences of about a dozen hotels as we toured the west.

1  Thank guitarpsych
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed there upon reading that it was very well rated on Trip Advisor. I was a little disappointed as I felt the room was a little jaded looking and needed modernising. I know you shouldnt pay much attention to decor as long as it was clean which it was - spotless. Nevertheless when you arrive after a long days drive you look to see what comfort is awaiting you!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife, me and my two teenage daughters, 15 & 17, stayed one night in the bunk bed room. Room was plenty big and very clean. The owners were very nice and even made our dinner reservations at the steak house in town. The only complaint I had was we left the windows open and the traffic noise was pretty loud.

1  Thank tbbucanrs