“Not bad”

4 Winds
4 Winds
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 30, 2010

This hotel is fine for our purpose of passing through, but I wouldn't want to stay too long. It's an older hotel so you have to expect it's small and not extremely comfortable, but it's quaint, and I slept okay for the most part. My main concern is that a hotel is clean, and it was. There were noisy neighbors for a little while, I guess the walls are somewhat thin. The location is nice, you can walk to downtown, and the owner and employees are friendly. I did have a mix up on charging my card, but it was fixed right away. It was probably the least comfortable stay we had on our driving vacation and the most expensive, but I guess you have to expect the expense in Jackson.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 1, 2009

We struggled to find accommodation in Jackson, with prices generally being sky high. So we weren't 100% sure when booking this motel. We needn't have been cautious though as this will have everything you need for a short break. A great location right in the heart of town, a friendly & informative local owner (Jim) and good standard, clean motel rooms. Only downside I could see was a lack of internet, though this was only a minor note.

Tips for staying are to visit Snake River Brewing (keep left out of the hotel, over the road & keep going for about 4 blocks) or the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar with saddle seats at the bar.

Hence no problems for recommending. I would choose to stay again myself if passing on another tour.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank StuartSussex
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Hotels in Jackson are very expensive in summer - on average, even more than those in West Yellowstone. And we were lucky to secure a room in a last minute booking directly with the 4 winds motel at a lower rate compared to the others in the area. Fortunately, we were not disappointed with the room nor location. It was a compact, clean room - no frills but good enough for us. Also, walking distance to dining options, and stores. If you're lucky to be there on Saturday morning, check-out the Farmer's Market (walking distance). You're minutes away from the park entrance (driving that is).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank global_travelz8
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a clean basic room that is very reasonably priced and within short walking distance to downtown, Jackson. There were 5 of us on a motorcycle trip and we had 3 rooms for 2 nights. Although the rooms are very basic, they are very clean. This place is locally owned and the family who runs the place were very nice. Great value for the money!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank kayjay715
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Big room, fairly clean. Basic, but okay. Great location - off the main road, but still close to town.(walk around the corner to all the shops and restaurants) All the hotels in Jackson seem to be expensive, so this one was not a bad deal ($95).

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kermodebear
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Stayed at the 4 Winds Motel in Jackson WY in August.

My husband kept calling it 4 Sheets to the Wind Motel. But I digress.

Very plain-jane. Typical 1960's mom & pop style motel and layout. Parking in front of rooms. Two floors. Outdoor steps to upper rooms. Room doors open to the outside. Cinderblock wall on back wall. Sink outside of room, which is a good thing w/ me. Shower and toilet very average, but clean. Bathroom had an opaque sliding window in it, but that was okay for us, since we were up on second floor, plus nice to let in mtn air. Flowerpots livened up the place. Front desk was very nice plus helpful.

Glad we were not on the ground floor as our floor squeaked in many places and I'm sure it would've woke me up if I was in the room beneath. Room seemed clean to me and I'm kinda squeamish about such matters.

It's within walking distance to every thing in downtown Jackson. Which is good, but traffic goes by and since we were in the room closest to the street, it was noisy. Room had a desk and was roomy - had tv and phone, too. Across the street is Miller Park with basketball hoops, a tennis court and playground equipment -nice park. Next door is a nice restaurant for supper. I'd stay here again, though not in same room due to noise & would choose 2nd floor, too. It cost us $104 plus tax for a king bed. For Jackson, I think that is what they consider reasonable and inexpensive!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
10  Thank boondogs
Reviewed August 4, 2007

We have stayed at 4 Winds Motel four times over the past few years, and we can no longer keep this little secret gem to ourselves. It is a no frills place--no pool, no breakfast, no VCR, no hair dryers. But it is clean and quiet with comfy beds, new furniture, a good sized tub, A/C, new windows and doors, TV, and internet connections in the rooms. Best of all, it is two blocks from Jackson Town Square, so you can walk and not have the hassle of trying to find a parking space in town. It is on a side street across from a city park and therefore away from the noise and traffic. The owners are second generation and know how to run a simple, clean, quiet place. And it's a bargain. We paid $104 for a King non/smoking room. Don't expect fancy, but comfort and convenience--YES!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family