See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 15, 2016

We stayed for several nights. On a positive note, very convenient to town square, clean, friendly. The negatives - The 2 queen beds are in need of replacement. Not easy to sleep and woke up feeling sore. Looked forward to unpacking but there is absolutely no place to put anything. Not one dresser or shelf. Had to live out of our suitcases. There are many convenient motel alternatives and for $179 we paid, I think we could have done much better. Would not stay here again.

Room tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

We came into town for the Labor Day weekend without reservations. Rawhide had a room for us and it was perfect for our needs. Could walk to square and area. Clean and comfort. Price was reasonable. Easy to find if new to the area.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2016

This is a budget motel in a very expensive mountain resort town. I rated it "very good" because it met all my expectations. It was very clean and had everything you need - e.g. a comfortable bed, great WIFI, heat and A/C depending on the season, TV, coffee maker and fridge in room, toiletries, towels etc. The manager Dinah was very helpful with restaurant recommendations etc. The location can't be beat as it is right in the center of Jackson - walking distance to restaurants, shops and museums.
It is not fancy but clean and perfect for the budget traveler. If you want a fancy hotel in Jackson, be prepared to spend 2 or 3 times the price. I highly recommend the Rawhide. By the Way, I stayed in a "Basement room Number 1" and slept fine. It was very quiet and cool.

Room tip: There are 2 "basement rooms". I stayed in Number 1 and it was very clean, quiet and cool. However the AC worked great when I needed it.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I checked in here as a quick overnight for work. I was told at check in that as a bus driver, I was given the basement room, which has one tiny window out to the street. At checkin the lady said, "hey, it's a roof over your head". The tiny window happens to be right next to a restaurant, so now I have to listen to everyone outside the restaurant talking- literally can hear all of their gross, private conversations in detail. I have to get up at 5am to drive 10 hours and I can't get a good nights sleep, which is required under federal DOT law. My company booked this on hotels.com and didn't put a name, as we don't always know who the driver is going to be in advance. We paid the same rate as everyone else that booked on hotels.com and I get this terrible room instead of one of the normal rooms, just because I'm listed as a driver. We will NEVER book here again when we send drivers to this town!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank jenniemag
buddy2004, General Manager at Rawhide Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Your reservation was made without a name only "bus driver" We did not make the choice of your room your company did. They chose a basement level room which again had nothing to do with us. I'm not sure how you can blame on us their choice of rooms for you.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

We had a very nice stay. Rooms are; large, clean and comfortable. Not fancy, but don't knock it for that, it's called the Rawhide not the Hilton. One of the cheapest hotels for the location. Only 2 blocks from the square. Really nice staff. One of the better hotels we stayed at on our trip out west.

Date of stay: June 2016