See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I checked in here as a quick overnight for work. I was told at check in that as a bus driver, I was given the basement room, which has one tiny window out to the street. At checkin the lady said, "hey, it's a roof over your head". The tiny window happens to be right next to a restaurant, so now I have to listen to everyone outside the restaurant talking- literally can hear all of their gross, private conversations in detail. I have to get up at 5am to drive 10 hours and I can't get a good nights sleep, which is required under federal DOT law. My company booked this on hotels.com and didn't put a name, as we don't always know who the driver is going to be in advance. We paid the same rate as everyone else that booked on hotels.com and I get this terrible room instead of one of the normal rooms, just because I'm listed as a driver. We will NEVER book here again when we send drivers to this town!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank jenniemag
buddy2004, General Manager at Rawhide Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Your reservation was made without a name only "bus driver" We did not make the choice of your room your company did. They chose a basement level room which again had nothing to do with us. I'm not sure how you can blame on us their choice of rooms for you.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

We had a very nice stay. Rooms are; large, clean and comfortable. Not fancy, but don't knock it for that, it's called the Rawhide not the Hilton. One of the cheapest hotels for the location. Only 2 blocks from the square. Really nice staff. One of the better hotels we stayed at on our trip out west.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2016

Jackson Hole,WY is a rip off place just because it's a tourist spot they have to ridiculously over charged everything from staying in a hotel or motels & eating places. It's a tourist trap folks oh,yes, they get you..!! This motel is clean but it doesn't feel safe. It's old and the bathroom small window isn't secured at all. There's no latch & so thin that anyone can climb into it and rob you etc. while you're sleeping in the middle of the night. It's nothing like Las Vegas,NV where hotels are fancy & prices are cheaper than this place! We're not staying in this place or Jackson Hole,WY again.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2016

There are two basement rooms at this motel and we stayed two nights in one. It was excellent. The rooms were cool, very clean, most updated like flat screen TV, a phone, a fringe, coffee maker and very quiet. The bathroom was also very clean and there were no basement odor. There is no swimming pool or free breakfast but it was a perfect stay if you like a walking distance to the downtown Jackson Hole.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

The highlight of this place is how close you are to downtown. While room 20 was clean and on the second floor - it was all negated when we entered from the 85 degree weather and found the AC didn't work. Asked the front desk and there was nothing they could do - all the rooms were full. If things were working properly this would have been given a 3 easily.

Date of stay: June 2016