“Easy Walking to Historic Downtown Jackson”
Review of Rawhide Motel

Rawhide Motel
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Dinah Killian is the property manager for the motel and she was helpful from the moment we met her. She provided lots of information about the area and our first priority, where to eat. This is an older motel and is showing its age. Our room (#21) was on the second floor and while being a bit worn around the edges was very clean. The beds were comfortable and the shower while a bit temperamental was good once it was adjusted. All rooms face a street that was being used to funnel construction traffic so it was congested and noisy all day, but was surprisingly quiet at the end of the business day. The wifi worked well and once we mastered the quirks of the HVAC system we were happy with our stay. A fancy hotel it is not, but for the value and location it would be hard to beat. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: While you have to carry your luggage up some stairs, I think a second floor room is probably quieter...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Davis K

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Can't beat the service, location or price in Jackson. $119 (AAA rate per 3 rooms) per night in September, similar in price to Motel 6 with bigger rooms and right in downtown one block from the square. Hotel is an older place but rooms were very nicely decorated and VERY CLEAN. We called ahead because we were arriving late and keys were left for us so we could just go to our rooms. We had a medical problem and asked were to go for a "walk in" doctor and the manager (owner??) gave us advise where to go. When we got back she asked if we were doing ok and was very nice. Super lady...Thanks if your reading this. Great place, if you don't need 5 star fancy you'll be happy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Jeanne H
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've always use Trip Advisor to decided where I will stay when on a road trip. I've never written a review but this little hide-away is worth the review. I love to stay in a Hampton Inn and rarely book anything different but this was a trip to Jackson Hole and I refused to pay the price for the Hampton. I am glad that I gave The Rawhide a chance.

The hotel was nice, clean and in a great location in town. True it is older with a small bathroom but the room was nice. The staff was very nice! I booked the room the night before arriving and they were kind enough to make a ground floor room available for me.

If I go back to Jackson I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank little m
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel is basic and noisy. The view from my window was of an alley with dumpsters.
But the real catch is that the owner charges your credit card the day before you arrive, without informing you. So I had an unexpected credit card charge with no identifying information appear in my account. With no explanation, I was forced to assume the card had been scammed and cancelled it. (With all the resultant inconvenience that this causes.)
When I eventually discovered what had happened and expressed my concern to the manager, she was not remorseful of apologetic.
So, be warned and avoid this hotel. There are better choices in this price range in Jackson.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank aliluvsfootball
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Older property but very clean. Dinah, the manager, was awesome and very accommodating. Construction around the property made locating the motel a challenge, but that's just temporary. Very convenient to all the shopping and food. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in the Rawhide Motel recently for three nights and really enjoyed our stay. Jackson is a pricey town and I struggled to find accommodation to suit our budget, but Rawhide Motel really fit the bill.

The room is large and spotlessly clean. I don’t understand some of the previous complaints about the décor being old fashioned, I thought our room was nicely decorated. It had two large, comfortable beds and a flat screen TV with lots of cable channels. There was dinky little coffee machine, which made individual cups (I wanted to take it home with me! Our room was a little lacking in storage as there was no chest of drawers, but I think most rooms do have more storage (from what I could see passing open doors) There was a hanging area and shelf in the sink area, so that was more than sufficient for us for three nights. The sink was separate from the bathroom, which is a set up I like as it means one person can get ready if the bathroom is occupied. There was lots of good quality cosmetics and plenty of towels. The bathroom was small, but the shower was powerful and there was always plenty of hot water.

The location of the Rawhide is fantastic, it is literally a one minute walk from the main street and all the lovely shops and restaurants. There was plenty of parking out the front of the motel, so we had no issue with finding space. The doors lead on to an external corridor, but we had no issue with noise from either the street or other guests. Jackson is a 20-30 minute drive to the heart of the Grand Teton National Park, so while I appreciated having the shops, restaurants and amenities of Jackson, if I were doing it again, I would book one night at one of the hotels in the park to experience a sunrise/sunset in the park.

Rawhide Motel is an excellent choice for the budget minded traveller, you don’t tend to spend too much time in your room while in the wonderful Tetons, so save your money and put it towards a nice meal or some lovely souvenirs instead!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ncmc
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at Rawhide. The hotel has a good location and is average for the price and served our purpose of a one-night stay before heading to YNP. Management is very nice. For us, we would choose a different accommodation for a longer stay. Room 14 does have a lot of street noise and we even used a fan for white noise.

• Stayed: September 2013