“Great except for the Inconsiderate Motorcyclists...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anglers Inn

Anglers Inn
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in Jackson
Colorado
“Great except for the Inconsiderate Motorcyclists...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here one night -- we REALLY liked it, except for a group of motorcyclists that were also there. They chose to depart at around 6:30-7:00 am, and were incredibly LOUD! We would have liked to sleep in later, but...ah, well. Other than that, the room was cute, clean and quiet. It was conveniently located to the town square, shopping, restaurants -- all within walking distance -- though it was nice the hotel was off the main streets. We'll stay again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AnglersInn, General Manager at Anglers Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Heathsville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was a nice clean place and walking distance to downtown, but a little noisy and the room was small. For some reason the clock , or maybe the phone, made strange sounds, waking us up all night long. And we had 2 different rooms. The western decor was comfortable, but over all high priced even with discount.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
AnglersInn, General Manager at Anglers Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for our first night of our Yellowstone/Grand Teton trip after driving from Loveland, Colorado. The location was great for being able to walk into Jackson for dinner and some shopping. The room had rustic knotty pine trim, a nice flat screen TV, cute fishing-themed lamps and a really attractive bedspread, shams, and plaid bedskirt combination. What a pleasure to not have those horrible polyester quilted ugly floral bedspreads! This is a less-expensive property for Jackson, but the room definitely had the rustic mountain ambiance you like to experience in a place like Jackson. The bathroom was small but clean, and there was a coffee maker, refrigerator, and free wireless internet. It's disconcerting what you have to pay for the most basic accommodations in Jackson (but is also true in places like Monterey, CA) when you know you can stay at posher Las Vegas hotels like the Mirage and Treasure Island for $69 a night, but this is what this market will bear. So putting that complaint aside, the Anglers Inn was a good place to recover from a long drive and get a quiet, restful night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skylynx
Thank you for your coments. We pride ourselves at the Anglers Inn on good clean tidy rooms at a fair price. Come visit again!
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotels in this town are all very high priced, I think. And hard to get, so do make an advance reservation. This one offers a AAA member discount. Comes with mini fridge, micro, hair dryer. Can walk to many things from here. Like all the hotels I statyed at in WY, it's all Knotty pine and western decor. It was fine, clean, and I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BooBoolasvegas
AnglersInn, General Manager at Anglers Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We pride ourselves on good clean tidy rooms at a fair price.
Come see us again!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at 3 different motels during our week long trip to GTNP and YNP. This hotel was our least favorite and most expensive. I don't think the motel justifies the price other than being only a few blocks from main restaurant and shopping area. Size of the room was decent and it had a newer model flat screen TV. The beds were uncomfortable and the toilet/shower area was cramped. But it was clean and we only stayed one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
AnglersInn, General Manager at Anglers Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do pride ourselves in the housekeeping staff!
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here July 14, through 18th 2012.... Great clean place ... in town close to the action, and close down the street from the car rental.. (Dollar rental) Motel . Rates are fantastic .. Jackson hole is expensive, so save some $ .. stay here.... . staff was great, they loaned me a cooler for my stay, One of the staff loaned me his bear spray for my hiking / fishing adventures.... ..You won't get that service at the 300 dollar a night motels ... read some reviews about road noise.... motel being on a truck route.... Never heard anything slept like a baby....I'LL b back

Room Tip: Great place
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TWMTX
AnglersInn, General Manager at Anglers Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Middleton, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Upon check-in, I was a little weary of the place. I was never asked for an ID along with my credit card. Not OK! Entering the room, it was a little small, but nicely decorated. Bathroom was small but manageable.

Only good thing about the hotel is its location close to downtown.

Turned in for the evening, and that was when all the "trouble" started. The sheets felt like cardboard, the pillows stunk, and the comforter was itchy. The walls are apparently made of paper. My wife and I could hear every truck pass by, every person above and next to our rooms. Whenever there was water turned on, it echoed through our room like a waterfall. No management was on duty during the evening so we could not change rooms. I understand that Jackson Hole is expensive, but I was able to book a room at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas for the same price. No excuse for such terrible rooms and poor service.

We left very early in the morning because we were not getting any sleep. When I called later that day, I spoke to a staff member, Doug. I explained the terrible stay and was hoping to get some return. He said he needed to speak to a manager and call back that day. He did not. I called back later in the evening, and repeated the process. I called the next day, and a new person explained to me that Doug was a manager! It has been a week since my stay and still no response from anyone at the hotel.

The staff is the worst I have ever experienced and I am embarrassed to admit I chose to stay here during my honeymoon. Either this place has no management, or they know they will never get return customers and do not care about their current guests.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple