“Good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Painted Buffalo Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Painted Buffalo Inn
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Rome
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

We had booked 3 bedroom suite online, and several weeks prior to our trip, we were notified that the 3 bedroom suite was being remodeled due to water damage. Tha management was very helpful, and we were placed in two adjacent rooms on the bottom floor.

This Inn was clean. Staff were friendly, helpful, and attentive. The Inn was located a bit further from town square than what we would have liked. The breakfast area was very small (no room to eat there, food had to be carried back to our room).

Howevery, despite the negatives, I've got to once again add that the cleanliness, and friendly staff made it a good stay. In addition, the value was great! On our next trip to Jackson, we will more than likely stay here!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate all the feedback. Your comments about breakfast are quite helpful and we are looking into ways of expanding our seating area. I am sorry the downtown area seemed far- I understand how you would not want to be walking any distance in our Jackson snow! I did just want to mention that the free in town shuttle does pick up right on our property and drops off at numerous places around town. We do sincerely hope you are able to visit Jackson and the Painted Buffalo again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Thai first
Franklin, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2010

You know the saying about first impressions - we'll it's true! From the moment we walked in the door at The Painted Buffalo we were welcomed with a bright smile and a warm hello. That same comfort and willingness to assist us throughout our entire stay has made us loyal to The Painted Buffalo.
The location was incredible within a few blocks of the downtown square and within those few blocks are beautiful stores and several restaurants making for a warm entry to the downtown area.
The room and bathroom were stocked and cleaned impeccably every day which made the welcome back to the room after a long days adventure that much more relaxing.
Believe it or not we went for a swim and sauna during the month of December and it was so relaxing and therapeutic. The wet areas were clean and smelled wonderfully.
We will absolutely be back to The Painted Buffalo, Jackson, WY!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are extremely pleased that your stay was enjoyable. We sincerely hope you are able to make it back to our wonderful town and experience all that Jackson has to offer!
Wasilla, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

I am a monthly tenant. First, my girlfriend was just out of the shower and a strange man walked in our room...with a key. I brought this up to the manager and he had no clue who the man was. He said maybe he found a key and used it. I got a $25 dollar credit on my rent...whoa, dont break the bank.
Second, there is a sled dog race in town this weekend. The manager was nice enough to let them park TWO dog trailers, longways, in front of our room. Each trailer took up 6 parking spaces. The dogs howl all f-n night. I called the front desk and spoke with a girl. She assured me the dogs would not be any problem. They wouldnt bark or anything. So each day, at least once an hour, the TWO trailers of dogs start howling and barking. The ground under the trailers is saturated with dog urine and feces. So what will the manager do this time?
I thought this would be a good alternative to renting a regular aapartment, but I can attest...dont live in the Painted Buffalo Hotel for any length of time. The management is disrespectful and non-caring towards its tenants. If the rating scale had a negative side, I would have gone as far down as they offered.
And the so-called high speed internet runs about 5-30 mbps.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank travis3113
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2010
All complaints by this guest were handled promptly and seemingly to the guest's satisfaction. Any discounts given were agreed upon by both parties and no dissatisfaction on the guest's behalf was expressed to any member of the PBI staff. Regarding the dogs- Every year the town of Jackson hosts dog sled racers. This is an important tradition for the town. Dog mushers stay with their animals at numerous hotels around town. The dogs are very well behaved. This guest did call numerous times to complain and management did investigate the validity of the noise complaints every time. In fact this guest called the police and the police found no evidence of noise either. No other noise complaint was made by any other guest in the hotel at this time. The grounds are well attended by staff and no lingering messes remain. The Painted Buffalo Inn is happy to offer discounted monthly stays in the off season but we are disappointed that we were unable to please this particular guest though every effort was made and every courtesy was given by our staff.

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Mystic, SD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

We were treated very well at the Painted Buffalo. The staff couldn't have been nicer. We had to cancel our second night because of weather problems back home. They were very understanding and kind. The room was clean and comfortable. We would stay again!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing us. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to help you with all your needs. We hope you are able to make it back to Jackson in the future!
Freeburg, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

This hotel has been updated, but we could tell the carpeting was put over a floor that should have been repaired first. We had a ground room floor and as you walked across it it would squeak in several places. The maid service is poor because I dropped somthing behind the dresser and when I moved it there was all kinds of other papers which appeared to have been there for a while. I did like the fact that the sink is outside the bathroom and the overall room had plenty of space. the staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. They advised us if we were going out to walk, because we would probably lose our parking spot if we drove somewhere. Unfortunate for us it rained that night and we had walked to the Wendy's several blocks away. The breakfast is just donuts and juice and there is nowhere to sit but in the main lobby which has only a few seats. We had tried to get a room at a nearby hotel and they recommeded this one and even gave us a discount, so you may want to check for coupons if you are considering staying here. To me it was just one night and we didn't have to keep looking for rooms so it was just OK.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was only okay but I do appreciate your comments about the housekeeping and I will certainly look into them. Also I just wanted to note that if you do stay with us again, the parking does get pretty tight (all over Jackson) but the free in-town shuttle is available for your use to get around the town and there is a bus stop located right on our property. We hope you get a chance to visit Jackson again sometime soon!
Dallas Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

I came in after a week in the wilderness successfully hunting Elk, had missed the last plane out and randomly selected the Painted Buffalo Inn to see if they had a room on ground floor where I could park my car close and haul in my gear for the night. The staff was friendly and they gave me a good off season rate. The room was clean, quiet, safe and I was able to rest. They also gave good directions to evening shopping and some great BBQ. I was left with a very favorable impression of the Inn and the staff. Good basic lodging and a continental breakfast was included. The Inn has ammenities which I did not use like a pool and they have a computer terminal in the lobby for customer use.
On this stay I was just looking for a place to get clean after a week in a wilderness tent camp and needed a place to sleep.

I will stay there again. They really went above and beyond for a weary traveler.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2009
Thank you for reviewing us. We are happy that you had a successful hunting trip and were able to enjoy the surrounding area of Jackson this fall. We are very pleased that your stay was comfortable and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again and get a chance to use that pool!
Pryor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

What a wonderful location for a trip to Tetons The staff was the best, so friendly. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PBIManager, General Manager at Painted Buffalo Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion. I am very pleased that you had a good stay- we look forward to hosting you again!